My audigy 2 sounds like crap
Nov 17, 2003 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

jeftsang

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've got an audigy 2 soundcard that I bought because I needed something with a firewire port, but it sounds horrible compared to my old soundlbaster live 2. something. I was pretty disappointed, I expected it to blow my old sound card away, but the sound is distant and fatiguing at once. Do I not have it set up correctly? I tried installing a driver from the website, but that didn't seem to help. Anyway, any help you guys can provide would be appreciated, thanks.

Nov 17, 2003 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 28
Nov 17, 2003 at 4:10 AM Post #4 of 28
holy crap, you've got to be kidding me! I'm literally giggling here at my computer, the sound is aeons better. This is ridiculous, thanks man, I wish I created this post a lot earlier.
280smile.gif

Nov 17, 2003 at 3:29 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by jeftsang
thanks for the link, although the site is down, I busted a search on google and I'm dling it right now.

then give us the updated link
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2003 at 3:30 AM Post #8 of 28
I just installed the kx drivers, but my creative drivers are still installed, which seems to be interfering with the sound. Can someone please tell me how to uninstall the creative drivers?

Oh, and btw, the kx drivers beat the sh^U*(*))*$+%)$ out of the creative drivers in terms of sound quality.
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2003 at 7:54 PM Post #9 of 28
bump

Nov 18, 2003 at 11:14 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Jasper994
Will using these drivers affect EAX?

Once you install the drivers, EAX is unusable. But believe me, the insane increase in sound quality is well worth it.

Does anyone know the answer to my original question?

Nov 19, 2003 at 5:40 AM Post #15 of 28
Thanks for the info guys. I've been relistening to all of my mp3's again.

One thing about the kx drivers though. The sound is pretty detailed, I've found it can be fatiguing at higher than average listening levels. I can listen for quite a while at moderate volumes though. In any case, huge improvement. Thanks again lando.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back