my audigy 1 card and a dell intergrated sound card...
Aug 22, 2005 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

spookz

Head-Fier
currently im using a dell dimension 2350 desktop with intergrated audio and front port headphone plugs..

when i went back to my other comp i plugged my sony mdr v500s in the audigy 1 card i had and it didnt sound as sharp as the intergrated sound card.. can anyone please explain why?

also can anyone tell me if the audigy 1 is a decent powered card to power any higher end headphones and a sufficent quality to make use of the higherend headphones? because i plan on upgrading from v500s to hd555 soon so i might as well get a card recommendations if my card is bad for sound

Aug 23, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 2
Honestly, the intergrated soundcards from dell are decent. :p imo, the AV-710 only brought a subtle upgrade from the intergrated on my dell dimension 4700 =P (the most discernable difference between them was that the av-710's bass went much deeper than the intergrated) The intergrated soundcards seem to have sufficient power to drive headphones too (at least it did drive my Phillips SHP895 loads better than the AV-710 unamped)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back