My ATH-A900's are Here!
Jan 25, 2003 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kpfeifle

100+ Head-Fier
Hey All:

My ATH-A900’s arrived on Friday, and I thought I would give a quick description. In the looks department, they are much nicer then the picture, comfort factor is also very high…you hardly know there on. The sound is great, just a trace of grain, which I’m sure will clean up with break in. Very dynamic and excellent bass and soundstage, I’m very happy.
Which brings me to a second point. I would like to thank all of you on this excellent forum for the help and advice I have received. It has been mentioned before, but needs repeating: this is a great group of people. I am happy to have found Head-Fi, and look forward to a long membership. I really must say that I don’t think I could have gotten any more audio enjoyment from my $430.00 them my purchase of these phones and my HA-1. The music is much more personal and enjoyable, I’m finding things on old CD’s that I never knew where there. After break in, I plan to write up a full review (with pictures) comparing the ATH-A900 with my AKG 240’s. Thanks again

Jan 25, 2003 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 10
Glad you enjoy your new cans. Hope they continue to bring you happiness.

Yup, Head-Fi'ers are a good bunch
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2003 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 10
kpfeifle
HI: Congrats on your new A900. I have read that they sound close to my A1000 and I really enjoy these cans so I hope you do also. I look forward to your review on them.

Jan 25, 2003 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 10
Congradulations on your purchase.

Please include pictures of the pads (both off and on).

I look forward to your review.

Jan 25, 2003 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 10
Sounds like another happy ATH-A900 owner.

I ordered a set from Audio Cubes on Thursday morning. Hopefully, I'll have them by the end of next week. These cans are becoming very highly-regarded on Head-Fi, as of late. Of course, all of these comments are making me salivate......
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 10
Wallijohn:

I would be happy to comply about pictures...How do the pads come off? Any ideas? All instructions were in Japanise, I'm not too good with that!

Jan 26, 2003 at 8:36 AM Post #8 of 10
KP,

just find the "thin" side of the pad and start pulling. when re-installing first insert in the "thick" side and then as you stretch the pad into the "groove" use your left hand (pinky and fore finger or thumb) to hold down the pad "bottom" as you work your way around until it is all in. The "thick" side of the pad should be positioned over the "thick" side of the base.

Jan 26, 2003 at 9:55 AM Post #9 of 10
Wallijonn

You'd be surprised at just how close the A900s look, when compared to the CD1700s... when you take the pads off
wink.gif

kpfeifle

Congrats on your purchase!
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2003 at 7:04 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by kpfeifle
Hey All:

My ATH-A900’s arrived on Friday, and I thought I would give a quick description. In the looks department, they are much nicer then the picture, comfort factor is also very high…you hardly know there on. The sound is great, just a trace of grain, which I’m sure will clean up with break in. Very dynamic and excellent bass and soundstage, I’m very happy.
Which brings me to a second point. I would like to thank all of you on this excellent forum for the help and advice I have received. It has been mentioned before, but needs repeating: this is a great group of people. I am happy to have found Head-Fi, and look forward to a long membership. I really must say that I don’t think I could have gotten any more audio enjoyment from my $430.00 them my purchase of these phones and my HA-1. The music is much more personal and enjoyable, I’m finding things on old CD’s that I never knew where there. After break in, I plan to write up a full review (with pictures) comparing the ATH-A900 with my AKG 240’s. Thanks again

kpfeifle: Got mine on Friday as well. Your description is very accurate. I've found myself going through so many CDs (my own and my g/f's) and MP3s in the past few days and hearing so many details (especially in the upper frequency range). I also spin vinyl and _DAMN_ does it sound incredible on the A900s. I don't have an audiophile amp yet but will probably pickup a SuperMini in a few months. Regarding your second point, it's funny I was thinking the exact same thing over the weekend ("Man I'm glad I came across this msg board!").

nate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back