My appendix is bugging the hell out of me...please help!
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #106 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
call 911 ...tell them 'aaah heelllppp..my stomach is aching like s***, i cant get up..i am on floor..i am alone!!!.. help me'.

EDIT: oh damn ..i only read the first page.

okay good..but still get a PET SCAN done...lymph node swelling cud indicate Lymphoma in early stages..not scaring u ..but possibility

Get injected with a radioactive isotope every time you have a swollen lymph node will surely be healthy
wink.gif
it can be compared to getting 300 x-ray pictures at once

If you have a swollen lymphnode which cause pain you can be almost certain that it is caused by inflamation and not malignancy.
Stop scarying TheMarchingMule.

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #107 of 111
Didnt sound like appendix... Appendix starts out below your rib cage in the middle, it feels like you have slight stomach pains a dull pain, and you will naturally take some sorta anti acid. After about 5 hours of taking all the anti acid you can find, you will try and "sleep it off" You will later wake up to a very sharp pain in your side which you will be able to pin point with 1 finger. If you are laying down you will not be able to bring your right knee back to your chest. The pain will be blinding. This is just the start, the pain will only get worse you will walk with a limp. You will know its your appendix, there will not be a question about it infact you will be in denial about it.

The dull pain started around 9pm... I woke up at 9am with the sharp blinding pain.. Didnt go into surgery until about 6pm. And it was only slightly inflamed

They took it out because I had the same problem 4 years prior and it went away on its own. They figure I could be out backpacking somewhere and it might be more serious. So might as well take it out.

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #108 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by paara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get injected with a radioactive isotope every time you have a swollen lymph node will surely be healthy
wink.gif
it can be compared to getting 300 x-ray pictures at once

If you have a swollen lymphnode which cause pain you can be almost certain that it is caused by inflamation and not malignancy.
Stop scarying TheMarchingMule.

ya on 2nd thots... Lymphoma based swelling is painless.

i hope he didnt freak out after reading my post.

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #109 of 111
this has got to be one of the strangest threads i've ever read. Photos or it never happened....

BTW, what is a BSOD? perhaps the photo you took of it will help?

Glad you're still around, till the next episode...

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #110 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by nghows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this has got to be one of the strangest threads i've ever read. Photos or it never happened....

BTW, what is a BSOD? perhaps the photo you took of it will help?

Glad you're still around, till the next episode...

Pics of what? The area of my body where the lymph node is still being a slight attention whore to my mind?
biggrin.gif

BSOD = Blue Screen of Death

Here you go:

img00150kh8.jpg

Feb 22, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #111 of 111
Sorry, I'm gonna be a little pissed at you but don't take it the wrong way.

If you really think you had appendicitis, then you seriously needed to go the doctor. You should of tell your parents about this if your underage. If you decided to the hospital to get yourself checked up instead of the doctor, that bill at the hospital will cost you more then a doctor's visit. Most appendicitis starts at the lower right quadrant or basically the bottom right area of your abdomen. The pain moves close to the belly button with sharp pains. If things get worse you will get a fever because infections have already taken place and your appendix could possibly have a leak, leaking out all the crap that's in your intenstines. Don't think it's funny but it gets worse because the infection can't be contain and your white blood cell count is going to high as hell since they are trying their best to fight off the infection. Then when it's too late, you'll pass out like your friend and you could be dead on the spot. I can't believe you would spend your time posting here rather than go on google, finding out if you have the symptoms, and/or going to the doctor. If you did die, then tough luck for you for wasting time on this forum.

You don't need an ultrasound to figure out if you have appendicitis. What the doctor would've have done was press on the lower right quadrant for signs of pain and they will ask you if had a fever at the moment or recently. If there was no serious pain, they'll get a bloodwork to see if you have elevated white blood cell count. If there was pain after pressing, then they will refer you to get a CAT scan right away. Which you have to wait about 2-3 hours drinking a contrast medium fluid so that they can properly see what goes on in your intenstines. If they noticed the appendix being imflammed, then you'll be admitted to the hospital right away.

I thought I had appendicitis back then. I went to the doctor right away about it. He immediately refer me to get a CAT scan. I had to drink that constrast medium for hours and waited. Turns out I was fine. But the bill was around $200+ because of the CAT scan.

Lucky thing you got a swollen lymph node and hope it's not cancerous. You should wonder how you got that. It's also kind of strange to why it's on the lower right side. There are lymph nodes hanging around the intestines and their job is fight off infections by bringing the viral or bacteria infection to the node and to destroy it. The appendix is almost like a lymph node or it's main function is not currently known. I don't think you got this from your friend, but you could've ate something bad or you took some physical trauma to that area. You got lymph nodes everywhere, like your tonsils. They get swollen too, if they get infected and usually those things get excise. Ever wonder why women so easily get breast cancer? Their breasts are filled with lymph nodes to prevent the milk from carrying any infections to the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back