My advice on how best to wear the Qualia
Apr 13, 2006 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

applebook

1000+ Head-Fier
Fit.jpg

I follow Dr. Meier's advice on headphone fit by putting locating the drivers slightly below and in front (towards my face) of my ear canal.

Tucking my ear inside the flap of the padding on the Qualia and placing the headphone as forward and as low as possible give me the best possible fit and sound quality. If my ears are not tucked behind the earpads, and there is a gap behind my ear, then the can definitely sounds hollow and echoes --this effect is hardly surprising since the inner-chamber of the Qualia between the pads and the drivers is rather cavernous.

The next time that you get a chance to listen to a Qualia, I highly recommend wearing them this way. Too bad Sony didn't bother to provide basic guidelines or tips in its manual.

Apr 13, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 9
With the red things over your ears and the headband positioned at or near the top of your head. I also think you have to plug that cable attached to the thingy into some kind of source.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 9
I think they did provide how to wear instruction in the fit/measuring kit?! But depending on the size/shape of your head, it might vary slightly I suppose. Just like most headphones, I guess 010 is just more sensitive to its positioning.

EdipisReks, yep, the mesh bit goes under you chin and trying to plug the Neutrik 1/4" into the nostril to maximise the imaging.
tongue.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by applebook
Tucking my ear inside the flap of the padding on the Qualia and placing the headphone as forward and as low as possible give me the best possible fit and sound quality.

This is very similar to how I wear my 010 in bed. The pillow pushes it up so that it is as forward as possible.

Best,

-Jason

PS. Heh, Scott, if you think putting the plug in the nostril helps, just wait till you go balanced!

Apr 14, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #9 of 9
[Nerd] It's a LEMO 1/4" [/Nerd]

I have to give props to Lemo as a really, really good company to deal with.

They sell direct in the UK and have always sent me connectors and plugs promptly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back