My 5G 30gb iPod Hd just died... what next?
Feb 27, 2007 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

FaBoLoUsRmX

100+ Head-Fier
I was thinking about getting a 8gb nano until flash players capacity raises next year. I knew eventually my HD was going to die, but i was not prepared for it.

Replacment HDs cost about 100$ but how much would an apple repair cost? or am i better off going with the 8gb nano?

thanks~

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 12
Have you gone through all the troubleshooting tests on the Apple site? Unless you dropped the iPod, odds are it's a software or formatting problem that can be cleared up. My iPod once errored on every reformat until I tried a different dock, and then it formatted perfectly. Don't give up on it if you don't have to.

See ya
Steve

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #3 of 12
well im pretty sure it dropped, i found it fallen but i did not see it drop. I have only tried restores on one computer too...

Feb 27, 2007 at 9:06 AM Post #6 of 12
so i'm assuming it's still not under warranty?

i would actually try multiple formats.
my iriver was on the verge of dying but then after i formatted it twice it seemed to be all better again. and it's flash based, i have not explanation why this worked.

but i would second bigshot's advice, try on a different dock. and if not, i'd go for the repair.

Feb 28, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 12
the iPod and the Zen are so wimpy. Get a Zune. Period.

Feb 28, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #9 of 12
iAudio X5L

Feb 28, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #10 of 12
really, the zune is an 8GB flash player now, ricardo? interesting...

fabulous, i see you also have a sandisk. have you looked at the sansa e280? you can get it pretty cheap. the other players in the 8GB arena right now are the zen v and obviously the nano. there are a few new ones coming like the samsung k3 and yp-t9, iriver clix 2, and the meizu m6, but they aren't widely available yet.

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #11 of 12
Thanks for the suggestions, When i used a different sansa i was not keen on the contols... but if the price is right, it might be a good replacment.

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really, the zune is an 8GB flash player now, ricardo? interesting...

fabulous, i see you also have a sandisk. have you looked at the sansa e280? you can get it pretty cheap. the other players in the 8GB arena right now are the zen v and obviously the nano. there are a few new ones coming like the samsung k3 and yp-t9, iriver clix 2, and the meizu m6, but they aren't widely available yet.

He could buy a Zune and use the HD on his iPod. When the iPod get all scratched then he can transfer the HD back to the Zune when firmware 2 is out....ya know.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back