My 4000th post giveaway: Only Pink Floyd Lovers apply
Jul 7, 2007 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
In honor of my 4000th post and a new stack of blank DVDs, I'm going to share with a Pink Floyd fan some rarities I've gathered over the years. About a dozen performances. To win is simple, in 50 words or less, tell me why you're the ultimate Pink Floyd fan. I'll pick the entry that tickles me, well, pink and the disc is yours (and free!). This contest will end on Thursday the 12th of July. Good luck.

Jul 8, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 28
This music grabs you, makes you experience it with every sense you have. Unfortunately I was born in the wrong decade; I will never see the "real" Pink Floyd and that makes me sad. They will be the untouchables for me and all I have is cd's to satifie me.

Jul 9, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #3 of 28
A heartfelt start, very good. Thanks for entering!

Jul 9, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #4 of 28
There is no better way to spend an evening than with your father at the Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular with pink and white light refracting glasses
biggrin.gif

Pink Floyd is the most captivating band I have ever heard. Their songs are composed, not written. I could go on a lot longer >.>

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #5 of 28
Nice offer, Brad!

For me, I'm not the biggest PF fan, but I have a lot to thank them for.

In High School, while getting involved with "drug buddies" was heavily into Syd Barrett-era PF. Made the trip a lot more enjoyable, and helped bridge my musical taste to find other styles.

At the same time, seeing what happened to Syd the man helped me from getting in too deep, and helped avoid a result like two of my circle: one dead from suicide, one in jail.

A fond yet sad reminder of some incredibly crazy & fun days....

OK, not < 50 words, so feel free to count me out
tongue.gif
Just wanted to chime in on the nice jesture.

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not entering, give them to Indra, she's passionate about PF and she rocks!

Thank you for those kind words. You made me blush there
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #9 of 28
I've been a Pink Floyd fan for more than 35 years. To this day I wear a Pink Floyd/Roger Waters cap (from last years concert) every day. I get many compliments on the cap from young dudes that haven't even been alive as long as I have been a fan. PF music has become something that spans generations. A fine testiment to the quality of their music.
rs1smile.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #10 of 28
PF's heyday ended way before I started listening to their music, but there's something special about their recordings; Gilmour's tasteful playing never wasting a single note, the rhythmic genius of Mason and unparalleled songwriting that moves me everytime I play one of their tracks.

Thanks!

Jul 9, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #11 of 28
Pink Floyd helped make me who I am today. They were the first band I started listening to in junior high and made me the music lover I am now. I still remember the first time I heard Echoes - ping - ping - ping. It is still my favorite PF song.

Jul 9, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In honor of my 4000th post and a new stack of blank DVDs, I'm going to share with a Pink Floyd fan some rarities I've gathered over the years. About a dozen performances. To win is simple, in 50 words or less, tell me why you're the ultimate Pink Floyd fan. I'll pick the entry that tickles me, well, pink and the disc is yours (and free!). This contest will end on Thursday the 12th of July. Good luck.

Pink Floyd is an example of what music could be when true artistry is allowed to exist. The music provides a great soundtrack to those trying teenage years. When you move into adulthood, you actually understand. Their music fits any mood. I will never see the real Floyd, either.

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #14 of 28
Just bumping it. I've had my Syd Barrett quote in my sig since day 1 in Head-Fi. Same quote as part of my High School yearbook write-up.

But all that said, I withdraw if I was still even in the running, and vote for Contrastique as well; there is something touching about that post. And I have a few Syd-era videos, that's what I love the best. Nothing like seeing Roger Waters lip-synch sing Syd's part while Syd vegetates on-camera!

EDIT: now I triple my vote, I just checked out some of Contrastique's photography. Some STUNNING pics there! C'est Fantastique, Contrastique!
icon10.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #15 of 28
I love Pink Floyd, because it's in my family's gens.

Started to listen Pink Floyd when got my first CD player. Mom and dad usually put some DSOTM and Wish You Were Here on weekend mornings. When Pink Floyd show rumors showed at head-fi.org my parents said: could be anywhere, we sell one of our cars and go watch it!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back