My 2nd try on getting some cans....good choices?
Mar 20, 2008 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

alphaproject

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I'm used to Sennheiser 280 pros and love them because they are pretty flat. I use them mainly for PC/gaming/synth composing. They have done a great job. My only concern is the lack in deep bass but it's not a make or break situation.

I'm looking at the BeyerDynamic DT770 as a replacement mainly because these look very comfortable and I can get them on Ebay for a good price since I'm selling back my Sony 7506's which hurt after 15 minutes. They just were not big enough.....I don't know how they can lebel them as over the ear because they are clearly NOT over the ear. The Beyers look to fully encompass the ear, if from what I've seen on their site is accurate.

My choices are as follows.

1)Sennheiser 280 Pros again.... simple proven track record for my ears.
2)Sony 7509's if indeed they are bigger than the 7506's and I've heard they are awesome.
3)Audio-Technica's ATH-A700 , not sure at all how they fit in comparison to the others on this list. They look well constructed.
4)Sennheiser HD555 - not sure how they fit either, hear good things, maybe not as flat, but better sounding overall than the 280's I got.
5)Ultrasone HFI-550 - also seem BIG enough, but not sure.

I'm comparing everything to the 280's size, which to anyone that has them, knows they fit nice and snug over the ears.

I've also had a pair of $40 Koss's that were so comfy but lacked true quality, but had alot of bass. I think I snapped them by accident.

I upgraded to the Audio Techs M40fs - for the flat response and got sore ears. I did wear them but now I can't put them on for 1 min without severe pain. The M50's I could wear because of the soft leather pads. Still...they do not fit over my ears though. So...I'm avoiding those when I know there's something else better out there.

Thanks for your future input, some auctions are ending within days so I hope I get some good feedback.

Mar 20, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 5
I think you're on the right track with the DT770/80 Pro.

Mar 20, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you're on the right track with the DT770/80 Pro.

Cool.... Thanks... I forgot to add that was the main one on that list.... dumb.

I didn't give it a number on the list. LOL.

Mar 21, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #5 of 5
Anyone else got any info?

Are the DT770 studio monitor like except for just good bass?

Also..... Beyerdynamic DT 250...... what's the main diff between this can and the DT770/880?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back