My 2cents worth on my new SHARP MD33's
Apr 17, 2005 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tohex

100+ Head-Fier
Hi.

I recieved my md33's about 5 days ago now, after tossing up between them, the e2c and the ex71/81...

Basically i got many recommendations about these phones and so i decided to try them. They are also my first high-end (ish) ear buds/phones, and all i can say is what a difference!

When i first popped em in i wasn't sure exactly what to do, but i soon remembered some post about using your left hand to pull back the middle part of your right ear as you insert the earbud, and vice versa...doing this, with the large attachments made these things sounds heaps better...but still i thought they were a bit, well perhaps 'muddy'....i think it may just have been that the bass and mids were up there with the treble, which isn't something i was used to with my ipod phones and other cheap stuff. But after 'burning-in' these phones (which i did for 100 hours), i love em....; maybe there was no change, maybe it is mental but they are good. I listened over the 100 hours and grew to like them more and more, there wasn't much change i dont reckon after say 70 odd hours, but i let em go anyway.

Now i'd say they are very balanced phones, and quite 'detailed'. I am a guitar ist and do enjoy hearing specifics when listening to music and i reckon these aren't bad for that. I wouldn't say that they are muddy, i reckon the bass/mids/treble is pretty well done and i just like it.

The isolation isn't great, BUT if you've only used the ipod phones before this, you'll think it is goodo. I had em on in a food hall the other day (in sydney)...and couldn't hear the ppl talking next to me or the other stuff going on, well maybe a tiny bit but it was all good...and the music was about 1/3 (+ a bit) on the ipod...great!!

They're easy to get in, take a tad longer than your ipod ones, but absolutely kick them out of the water.

I have no real experience, but i just thought i'd write this up for others who are looking for some new phones. I haven't tried the Shure e2c's or the Sony ex 71/81's...but i think that these are really good and i will be using them for a long time to come i'd say.

Alucrep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back