My 22 yr old Signet TK22's sound pretty good
Feb 10, 2008 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

crashley

New Head-Fier
I thought the Signet's were done when the left channel quit playing but it was just the converter plug 1/4 to mini that was bad. But in the meantime I bought some Allesandro MS-1's and that little Zero DAC/Amp. I burned them in for 7 days, listening, and enjoying what I heard every night.

But I found the old Signet's and decided to give them a try with the new amp. They sounded so much more complete and refined than the MS1's. I didn't believe what I was hearing. The Signet's had much more bass and more room around the mid's. The MS1's sounded good but the Signet's kept disappearing and all I heard was music. I tried different genres, hoping that I was mistaken but I don't think I am.

I bought the Signet's in 85' in Ft Worth, TX and after buying speakers, I put them back in their original box and they didn't get used much for most of the next 20 years.

Now, what do I have? They are less forward than the MS1's but so much more enjoyable to listen to. Did the random salesguy from the mid 80's recommend something this good?

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 2
I had a pair of those until recently. I *loved* them long ago, but on a more recent listen I found they'd deteriorated severely...no treble, very muffled quality overall; it was like they had simply rotted somehow. I'm glad yours are still going strong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back