My 2 Cents On Shure's Black Foamies
Nov 2, 2007 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MrJingles

100+ Head-Fier
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I bought some of the black foamies and I still prefer the yellow ones. As we all know, the E500s are a bit light on the top end and the blacks add a bit more low end, which the E500s definitely don't need. The added weight seems to recess the highs, which again, the E500s don't need. Right now I'm listening to Devin Townsend and the yellows just have the right balance. I suppose that if your a basshead they're great, but for me I'll continue to look a little freaky with yellow poking out of ears and a big smile on my face. Just my 2 cents.

Nov 2, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 10
Are you referring to the ugly yellow foamy that fit the E4C and that I use on my IEM Atrio M8, the one that right now are all warped and dry.
wink.gif

The one that is so stuck to the stem of my IEM that it won't move.

The one that when I put them on, despite their used condition, seal like crazy.

The one I decided were the best for my listening...
Those one?
580smile.gif

regards,

Nov 2, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you referring to the ugly yellow foamy that fit the E4C and that I use on my IEM Atrio M8, the one that right now are all warped and dry.
wink.gif

The one that is so stuck to the stem of my IEM that it won't move.

The one that when I put them on, despite their used condition, seal like crazy.

The one I decided were the best for my listening...
Those one?
580smile.gif

regards,

Yeah Bro, those be the ones!

Nov 3, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #6 of 10
Ety makes black foams, all the plusses of the yellow ones, minus the nerdy color.

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #8 of 10
I found the black olives to be similar to the Ety black foams, but I prefer the triflanges to either of them.
Comfort wise, both foamies have a slight advantage, but sound wise I like the triflanges much more.

Bass is more prominent when you use either pair of foams, but I find that the triflanges sound crispier in the upper regions, which makes them more engaging to me.

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found the black olives to be similar to the Ety black foams, but I prefer the triflanges to either of them.
Comfort wise, both foamies have a slight advantage, but sound wise I like the triflanges much more.

Bass is more prominent when you use either pair of foams, but I find that the triflanges sound crispier in the upper regions, which makes them more engaging to me.

qft. and olive oil makes them slide right in! olive bi-flanges ftw.

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anyone know if or what the closest thing is to black olives for UE's (SUper Fi 3's)

I just posted this. I think its what you are looking for.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=269362

Users who are viewing this thread

Back