My 1st world class headphone, the HD-650, is on the way, what can I expect?
Jan 8, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Expect to really love the HD650's.

Expect to be tempted many times over to upgrade the cable because there are so many good choices available now and a lot to read about the various options here at Head-Fi.

Expect others to tell you that they prefer headphone X, Y, or Z and that therefore the HD650's are flawed in one way or another.

Expect to be frustrated by all of this talk about X, Y and Z headphones, especially if you're enjoying your HD650's and don't have an opportunity to compare them to all of the other choices yourself.

Expect all that!

Jan 8, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #18 of 28
just listen to them and form your own opinion. no two people hears the same way so although you'll get an idea of how they sound from others here, it's ultimately up to you if they're good or not.

Jan 8, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #19 of 28
I also have an Arcam, and I just sold my HD600 + Cardas in favour of keeping one pair of Senn headphones, the HD650 + Zu. The HD600 is great and I will miss it, but I prefer the smoother presentation and deeper bass impact of the HD650 + Zu. Enjoy!
600smile.gif

Jan 8, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
I'd be worried about disappointment if I were a rock fan, particularly harder rock and metal. Otherwise, you could like them quite a bit. No one can say for sure but you, honestly.

Rock and metal are very different in terms of sonic requirements. See my other posts on the subject for further elucidation, but basically I love my HD650 for metal and they're my metal can of choice.

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #21 of 28
Don't turn the volume up too high
tongue.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Expect to be frustrated by all of this talk about X, Y and Z headphones, especially if you're enjoying your HD650's and don't have an opportunity to compare them to all of the other choices yourself.

Oh dear lord, this cat speaks the truth.

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #23 of 28
You'll be in heaven with hd650 listening to The Dead Of Night , the change from hd480 isn't definitely subtle change , and hd 650 perform remarkably well Depeche Mode music

(but you'll want to upgrade the cable fast for a less veiled sound)

I would advice to burn in the can for at least 250hr , but I know you'll be listening them as soon as they are plugged to your music
tongue.gif

they need a bit of time to settle on their sound .

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
The HD650 causes cancer, thats why I bought a 580, it doesn't cause as much cancer as the 650.

Heh heh heh...

Jan 10, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #26 of 28
Cancer of the wallet, yup
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back