My 1st Head-fi purchase, guess how much i spent!
Dec 9, 2005 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lopsang

New Head-Fier
well, after weeks of reading posts after posts, i finally made my 1st head-fi induced purchase.

im no audiophile by any means, just a poor student who enjoys good music. In my collection of headphones is a Eggo D66, Panasonic HEJ50, the sennheiser that came with the karma and a real crappy earbud that came with the carbon. And im sure you guys can figure this one out, but in case you cant, I do most of my listening out of a rio karma/carbon... with the occasional minidisc player for going to the gym, snowbording, or whenever i get nostalgic.

being a poor student entails a couple of things.. but for head-fi purposes, it simply means that most headphones are out of my price range. with that said Im so glad i found this place, because you guys saved me a buttload of $$$... I'll tell you why. I just spent a tad less than $40 USD on 2 Koss headphones.

I bought myself a pair of Koss KSC-75 and the UR-29 from amazon... the KSC-75 was a no brainer... its so cheap and held in such high regard. The UR-29 is going to be for use in school. I study in the library alot, so what i was looking for something that 1)doesnt leak too much sound, 2)isolate decently, 3)not humongous and 4)sound decent. I want to save some miles on the D66, so hopefully the ur29 will fit the bill nicely.

if the ur29s stink ill probably return it, but i was under the impression that most of the koss's are halfway decent, except for those plugs. So im pretty sure they'll sound decent. I can't wait until I get to test them out, and im damn proud of myself for not having to sell any limbs or organs to pay for these... awesome!!!!

too bad super saver shipping takes so long, oh well at least it is free... not sure if anyone cares too much about the koss ur-29, but i guess i can post a review after ive had them for a bit. Anyways, another useless post added to the batch, and i wanted to thank this place for post after post after post of headphone goodness.

Dec 9, 2005 at 9:09 AM Post #3 of 8
ttt0725.jpg

Leave NOW and NEVER come back!

Dec 9, 2005 at 9:25 AM Post #4 of 8
Nice choices. If I had made the KSC-75 my first headphone purchase, I think I would have saved a buttload of cash.
icon10.gif

I still find them perfectly satisfying with any kind of source and music.

Dec 9, 2005 at 11:43 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
Looks like you are now ready for a Grado SR60... no, better SR80
evil_smiley.gif

I couldn't agree more!

Dec 9, 2005 at 1:09 PM Post #7 of 8
Kudos to you!! If you dont like the UR29, just return them and stick with the eggos!!

Garrett

Dec 9, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Kudos to you!! If you dont like the UR29, just return them and stick with the eggos!!

Garrett

Thing is I really like the eggos, so i want to prolong its eventual demise. That why I bought the UR-29. If these things have a tad more isolation then it would be perfect, even if there is a compromise in sound quality.

Good thing i dont have golden ears, or a cavernous wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back