My 1st Grado Mod
Feb 10, 2006 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Qsilver2001

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

This is my 1st post.
I did a recabling and replace the grills.
orphsmile.gif

G1.jpg

G2.jpg

G3.jpg

Feb 10, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 14
You know, that actually doesn't look too bad. After the rash of crazy mods to Grados lately (silver spray paint... *shudder*) this seems pretty well done! What's the deal with "Skins" though? The application of that thing works, but I'm immediately distrustful of anything that uses a backwards letter...

Feb 10, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
You know, that actually doesn't look too bad. After the rash of crazy mods to Grados lately (silver spray paint... *shudder*) this seems pretty well done! What's the deal with "Skins" though? The application of that thing works, but I'm immediately distrustful of anything that uses a backwards letter...

Dude, it's a piece of *plastic*. What does a backwards "S" have to do with anything?
icon10.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #7 of 14
Its a pair of laser cut fan grills that I made.
The "SkinS" is part of my email addy, haha
This is my 1st pair of grado and will not be my last for sure! *Love the sound and design of a grado*

Feb 10, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #8 of 14
I love that you chunked it with a huge 1/4 at the end - home use rules!
So far we have this, the grille made of a bathtub strainer, the silver spraypainted one - what other interesting cosmetics are out there, other than the woodys?

Feb 10, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qsilver2001
Hi all,

This is my 1st post.
I did a recabling and replace the grills.
orphsmile.gif

[

Hi Qsilver, very cool mod! Can you give a little more detail on the rewiring? What brand/type wire and connectors did you use? I have a set of 11 yr. old SR60s that are begging to be modded.

Feb 10, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
Dude, it's a piece of *plastic*. What does a backwards "S" have to do with anything?
icon10.gif

I dun trust that slang the kids be speakin'. They dun use the rite letterz.

Feb 10, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I love that you chunked it with a huge 1/4 at the end - home use rules!
So far we have this, the grille made of a bathtub strainer, the silver spraypainted one - what other interesting cosmetics are out there, other than the woodys?

uh, let's not forget my garbage can black mesh on my 125's. Improves the look and the sound!

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160649

Feb 10, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmrv12
Hi Qsilver, very cool mod! Can you give a little more detail on the rewiring? What brand/type wire and connectors did you use? I have a set of 11 yr. old SR60s that are begging to be modded.

Thanks to this forum for if not all but most of the information.
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110431

As for the connector its a neutrik 1/4". Cable I am using some belden single cord silver plated copper. I am no expert in cable material, so was trying out if silver plated is better than copper.

IMHO, after recabling some music i play sound alittle high on treble. "Chemical Bros".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back