My 10 year old Little Dot ii+ has developed nasty distortion in the right channel. How can I tell if this is the tube or internet circuitry?
Sep 6, 2015 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Svperstar

1000+ Head-Fier
I am amazed it still works and the tubes have not burned out. Since it has developed this distortion it has sat unused. I wouldn't mind buying new tubes but if the problem persists then it is a waste of money.

I always thought the tubes would just die some day. Not develop distortion.

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 6
  I am amazed it still works and the tubes have not burned out. Since it has developed this distortion it has sat unused. I wouldn't mind buying new tubes but if the problem persists then it is a waste of money.

I always thought the tubes would just die some day. Not develop distortion.

Could very well just be the tube dying. It doesn't cost much to replace the tubes, so just start from there and replace the pair.

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 6
  Swap the tubes left and right and see if it follows the tube.

Heh, I must be tired that I didn't think of that obvious. Having just looked at the layout of that amp, none of those parts are the type that would break down very often (unless the capacitors dried out from age and heat), so most likely, it's the tubes. But, if the tubes are not the culprit, the other components can be replaced for very cheap.

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #5 of 6
  Swap the tubes left and right and see if it follows the tube.

I tried this and the problem remains :frowning2: Looks like I need a new tube amp.

Owned the thing for ages its about time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back