My 0404USB seems DOA boo hoo
May 18, 2007 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bonjonno

Head-Fier
What a lousy Friday afternoon I'm having. After sitting on the fence for months I finally ordered an emu 0404USB. It arrived and the first thing I did was hook it up to my super stereo, connect the AC adapter and toslink input from my AV-710 soundcard. Only the power LED lit. Everything else on the unit seemed non-functional, and the only sound coming out of it was a low grade fluttering noise. I would have expected the s/pdif switch to at least let me cycle thru the inputs, but it was non functional. After scratching my head and looking at the setup guide which tells you practically nothing, I repeated the same thing with a second computer with an AV-710. I've used the optical outs on both cards before with total success. So then I hooked it up via USB; the computer didn't recognize anything new but I installed the drivers anyway. They installed fine but after rebooting a warning came up with the emu audio control panel saying "no audio device detected". Nothing in device manager either (windows XP SP2 btw) Called emu and went thru all this again. The only extra thing they had me check was to look in the s/pdif optical output and see if there was any light; there wasn't. At that point they said better return it. Oy.

To me it seems totally not working. But I've never used this unit before. Anyone can comment either up or down, please do.

May 18, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 3
Unfortunately, I think it must be DOA. Mine powers up completely--all LED's on the top come on, then most go off, and the internal ones light up regardless of whether it is attached to a live USB port or not.

May 18, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #3 of 3
Oh yes, that pretty much insures mine is DOA. None of the LEDs have ever lit except the power one. There seems to be blue LED light thru the vents inside. Oh well. zZounds will email me Monday when their returns dept opens and hopefully I'll see another unit in 10 days or so. Bummer. Just as well because I need supplies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back