MX500s rattle?
Nov 6, 2001 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bpm2000

500+ Head-Fier
I just got my Mx500s in the mail, put them in and listened to some music. With various types of music, anything bass-heavy seems to make a strange buzzing/rattling in the left ear. It doesnt happen in the right ear at all, so I dont think its just a music thing. I ordered them from expressaudiovideo.com. Can someone check their mx500s and see if there is a similar problem, or did I just get a f-ed up pair? Damn, I didnm't want to have to go though the hassles of returns and such.
thanks

Nov 6, 2001 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 5
never mind, it definitely has a rattle, tried it out of several differnet sources, w/amp, etc.. damn, these sound very nice too, and im gonna have to wait another coupla weeks probably for the turnaround...

Nov 6, 2001 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 5
You know, my apartment mate had a right channel rattle in his MX-500's, also from expressaudiovideo. It disappeared as mysteriously as it came. Not that you shouldn't return yours, just a weird happenstance. My pair from express hasn't done this.

Nov 6, 2001 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 5
really... damn thats weird. besides the rattle im really impressed with these little things, i dont want to have to give them up for another week or two
cool.gif
. hmm maybe ill give them some time... yea after some listening it seems the rattle is imtermittent, but always there, it just varys in degree of volume. Decisions decisions...
thanks for the info.

Nov 6, 2001 at 11:47 AM Post #5 of 5
If it disappears, it can probably come back just as easily. This happened lots of times with my koss sportapros. It can come back even worse. I'd get them replaced while you can and hope the next pair holds up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back