MX500 with foam?
Nov 18, 2001 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

dgs

100+ Head-Fier
Just a quick survey: of you mx500 users, how many use them with the foamies on and how many use them with the foamies off?

If you use them with foamies, do you have problems with the foam coming off all the time? If so, how do you solve that problem?

Nov 18, 2001 at 6:00 PM Post #2 of 16
I lost on of the foamies. They were not tight enough. I used them without foamies for two weeks.

I bought new ones (6 in a pack, blue, red and black). They are thicker and hold better.

I immediatly noticed the sound was better than with the old ones (as I remember them anyway). I would say the sound is now warmer and less fatiguing. They are more musical with the thicker foams. In my opinion.

I don't have the original foams to compare directly.

P.

Nov 18, 2001 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 16
with foamies they sound warmer and less harsh in the highs. and most importantly, they're more comfortable.

Nov 18, 2001 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 16
I use something completely different. In fact, I don't even use the MX500s
tongue.gif

But seriously, they are so big that they do not fit in my ear... any poistion I put it in (this goes for all open earbuds) it hurts my ears, with foam or not.

Nov 18, 2001 at 7:27 PM Post #6 of 16
I have the MX400, but they are very similar. I use the foamies. They sound better that way.

Nov 18, 2001 at 11:51 PM Post #7 of 16
Currently runnin them naked. I had the original foamies but somehow they fell off and I bought some silicone ring things that I hoped would help create a better seal/better bass type deal but all they did was muffle the sound and didnt provide a better fit at all. Im still searching for something that might help, but otherwise it is naked for now.

Nov 19, 2001 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 16
As my mx 500 are only a week old I havent lost the original foamies yet, however they are so loose fitting its virtually gauranteed that theyre going to go awol.

I use mine with foam on as it tends to mellow the tops and provide the seal that assists bass reproduction. More comfortable and secure with foams also.

Jaycar (aus) have six packs of all black foams for only $1.99.

Nov 19, 2001 at 3:33 PM Post #12 of 16
I always use the "foamies." I do not like the sound, the fit, nor the feel of the buds without them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back