mx500 2 foams
Jan 2, 2003 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aznhoward

Head-Fier
Is it just me, or do other people use 2 foams on each earpiece for the mx500? I think the bass comes out much better and highs are less harsh. I'm using a pair of stock foams from the mx500 package, and a pair that i got from the slimx. The only bad thing is that it makes the earbuds fall out more. I would surely like other people here to try 2 foams and hear their comments.

Jan 2, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 6
Hiya,

I tried this a little while ago, and personally myself found the new sound to be too dark (not to mention that getting the second pair of earpads on was a bit of a nightmare)

Take my words with a pinch of salt though... seemingly I like things bright
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2003 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 6
Personally, I use two foams as well. The stock, thin ones that came with my mx500s, and thicker ones that I got at radioshack. Personally, double radioshack is too much, while stock + shack is juuuust right.

Jan 2, 2003 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 6
I find 2 foams to muffle the sound too much. One pair of thicker foamies sounds better to me.

Jan 3, 2003 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 6
Every time I look at Duncan's posts it seems more and more like he likes things like me
smily_headphones1.gif
I feel that any earpads on the MX500 to begin with makes it sound too dark, though I'm forced to use a pair of ratshack pads for them too fit
frown.gif

Jan 3, 2003 at 1:11 AM Post #6 of 6
i've tried two earpads, makes it too dark for me. one set is essential though to keep the earpiees themselves from moving around. i really like the MX500s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back