mx400 problems
Sep 13, 2003 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

princeclassic

100+ Head-Fier
i recently bought a pair of refurbished mx400s from sennheiser. while playing some music with a decent amount of bass yesterday i started to hear rattling or knocking in the left earbud. so i took them out and blew on the part of the earbud i stick in my ear (not really sure why i did this)....and every time i blew into it i'd hear a popping noise....but i woudln't get this noise from blowing into the right earbud

but....after fiddling with the left bud some more....mainly by just bending the plastic by squeezing it....it seems to work fine...

what happened?

Sep 13, 2003 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 6
same thing happened to the right driver of my original mx400 after about a year of heavy use. i played around with the bud for quite a while, but blowing on it didnt do much, and i couldn't exactly take apart the driver...but i ended up getting so frustrated i tried anyways, and did all sorts of damage to the thing. so i gave up, and picked up the mx500 for 15$. have had no similar problems with the 500 yet.

pointless story i know, but i feel your pain.

Sep 13, 2003 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 6
ok yeah...they're broke now....

oh well....looks like i'll have to use my portapros for listening to music on the way to class...i hope they don't get damaged in my backpack...

on another note...

are the mx300s the same as the 400s? i just did that free earbud survey...

Sep 13, 2003 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 6
mx300 somewhat suck compared to the 400 and 500. not horrible, but not that great. newegg.com usually has the 400 and 500 for around 15 bucks shipped. sennheiserusa.com has them in their refurb shop for dirt cheap too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back