MUVO2 ERRORS
Mar 3, 2004 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

djbill

New Head-Fier
HI!
I want to buy the Muvo2 4GB.. but I read hear that the Muvo2 has a lot of problems, like media errors and firmware errors...

how is it compared to the Iriver ihp-120 in the topic of errors?
and is it worthwhile to buy the MUVO2 despite this?

Mar 3, 2004 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by djbill

I want to buy the Muvo2 4GB.. but I read hear that the Muvo2 has a lot of problems, like media errors and firmware errors...

how is it compared to the Iriver ihp-120 in the topic of errors?
and is it worthwhile to buy the MUVO2 despite this?

Wow, the error issue is news to me. I have been following Muvo2 4gb threads all over the place and have only encountered issues concerning replacing the 4gb drive with some sizes and brands of compact flash cards. (edit: I note that 1.5gb drive players have a number of drive issues).

I have a Muvo2 4gb and a Muvo2 512mb (was 4gb) and a IHP-120. The Muvo2's have not encountered a single media error, but then again I upgraded to the 1.10 firrmware (support for remote) immediately. The only issues that I have are a desire for added functionality like a sleep timer, bookmarking, and a playlist editor.

The Muvo2 4gb is the player I use the most. The sound quality is great. It is full, warm, and loud. The Muvo2 hooks up to my PC very quickly (short USB cable in case) and the external drive appears very quickly. Copying files works fine with or without an AC adapter connected to the Muvo2. Despite the all plastic construction, the Muvo2 is solidly built and has no flimsy parts. It is very light and compact. I love the replaceable battery. I have a spare one that costs me $22.

The IHP-120 has only crashed once on me and that was a long named Ogg file. The firmware was fixed to solve that problem almost immediately. The IHP takes longer to hook up to my PC. First, you have to turn it on and then wait for the drive to be recognized. I only use my IHP-120 when I am looking for music that I have not loaded on my Muvo2.

The last big issue is that when my Muvo2 is not my player anymore, I can rip out the great 4gb microdrive and use it in my Pocket PC or digital camera.

Mar 3, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 3
Those issues sound more like people having problems when trying to stick in another cf card after they have ripped out the 4gb card to use in something else, I haven't heard of any problems like that on the 4gb player and haven't seen anything like that on my own player either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back