MuVo TX SE(V200) vs ZEN Nano Plus ?
Apr 28, 2006 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zsevgymko

Head-Fier
I want to buy a mp3 player and considering my limited budget these models seem like a good option. Is there any difference between them in terms of sound quality? Everything else in their specifications is pretty much the same I think, so I'll just pick randomly one of them if the sq is the same.

Apr 28, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 9
Greetings to Bulgaria. It seems that apnk and I have both had good experiences with the Creative flash players.

I'm in the U.S., and the V200 is not as common here as the other Creatives ... but if I remember correctly, it's the one with the built-in USB plug (sort of the Zen Nano-style "bodywork" with the Muvo-style plug built in). The Zen Nano / Zen Nano Plus is as a result even smaller (no built-in plug -- uses a USB cable to transfer songs).

I'm confident the sound quality will be the same in the two models. If the price is the same, and you need to choose one, I'd go for the Zen Nano / Zen Nano Plus (I have that one, and the smaller size is nice -- using the USB cable is not a problem for me ... if using the cable might be a problem for you, pick the other one). Also, it's possible that there are fewer firmware issues with the Zen Nano / Zen Nano Plus.

I think you will be happy with your player. Consider getting a warranty or replacement plan, though, if available to you, in addition to what Creative offers, just to protect your investment.

To clarify, I don't listen to the radio much, so I have the Zen Nano. It cost a little less money than the Zen Nano Plus, which has an FM radio receiver.

Apr 28, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #5 of 9
I'm baffled over the fact that someone would actually chose the model that requires a usb-cable over the one that doesn't

Apr 28, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshizzle
I'm baffled over the fact that someone would actually chose the model that requires a usb-cable over the one that doesn't

To tell you the truth I don't care very much if the model is with or without usb cable, a little smaller or a little bigger
smily_headphones1.gif
To me these are very subtle differences, sq is my only criteria. And sadly, price
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 9:39 AM Post #7 of 9
I just found that there is IRiver player available in a local store for roughly the same price, the models are T10, T20 and T30, whatever that means
smily_headphones1.gif
Do you think the IRiver sounds better than the Creative's models?

Apr 30, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by zsevgymko
I just found that there is IRiver player available in a local store for roughly the same price, the models are T10, T20 and T30, whatever that means
smily_headphones1.gif
Do you think the IRiver sounds better than the Creative's models?

The new iRiver’s (T) series sound rather generic, so maybe Creative players could take the SQ edge.

I suggest that you demo both units, and decide which one you like best
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back