Mustang VS Predator
Apr 22, 2010 at 9:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chaosfayt

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

was thinking of a mustang or a predator amp for my customs, anyone know how these 2 compare? I always see people "upgrading" to predator even though skylab apparently says the mustang is better. Opinions peeps! :p

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 3
Very simple. If you need a DAC for connecting to a computer, then go with the Predator. If you only need an amp, go with the mustang.

SQ wise, they are rather close but Mustang is a little bit better, more musical and fun.

The advantage of the Predator is that it has a DAC and a little bit more power to drive bigger cans. So if you need a Dac and need to drive bigger cans, the different in SQ will not matter that much.

I have both for awhile now and have enjoyed them very much. I think they are a good deal if you can find them on the FS forum.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 3
I agree with Jalo. I have the P-51 and recently had the Predator. Both are excellent choices and you won't go wrong with either but you have to decide if you want/need a DAC addition or an amp only. If you don't have a DAC and will be listening off your computer then the Predator is a great choice as it does have an excellent DAC section. However if you already have a DAC or are just going to be using the analog in of the Predator with an audio player then go with the Mustang. They both sound great but you should be able to find the Mustang a bit cheaper and it's also smaller if you're going to be using it for on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back