Must Stop Head From Exploding Reccomendation please :)
Jun 28, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #16 of 21
Well, i just received my dt880s and yeah im impressed. £190 ($380) cheapest ive seen were £140 but they were never instock anywhere else ;p
So a couple of questions whats the reccomended burnin for dt880s and is there a reccomended track to repeat through it?
Will the burn in make much difference?
Can headphones get any better?
Are there any tracks that i SHOULD listen to on such headphones?
Is there anyway i can damage them by accident?
Is xfis crystalizer worth using...

Jun 28, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any particular reason why you prefer the older version compared to the newer ones?

the older version has more bass!
icon10.gif

plus, the newer version i heard had serious sonic problems. maybe it was a defect, but i thought it sounded absolutely terrible with flabby bass, recessed mids, and scratchy highs

Jun 29, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Creomortis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So a couple of questions whats the reccomended burnin for dt880s and is there a reccomended track to repeat through it?
Will the burn in make much difference?

Yes, it'll make a pretty big difference.

Some have said the scientific reason that burn-in works is because of dust that settles on the wires & then "burns", etc... but I think that's poppy **** (c0ck for all those of you that can't read between the asterisks).

The real reason has more to do with the voice coil & diaphragm expanding, loosening.

Jun 29, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Creomortis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nah i know something is wrong because when i use cotton buds in my right ear (which i hear well with) i can feel a passage all the way to my ear drum. With the left ear i can fell a passage but its much tighter as if swollen and it hurts quite a bit when i try to clean it out (had those in ear buds about 2 years ago). Hey stop talking about my ears!

I used to get something very similar to that when I guaged my ear and the lymph node under my left ear would swell up. Do you have earrings? You could be allergic to something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back