Must listen to songs/albums with HD600's
Aug 23, 2009 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MoJaveMan250

Head-Fier
Can I get some suggestions for "must listen to songs/albums" that sound good with the HD600's? I know they match well with classical and jazz but I was looking for any particular songs from any genre that shine with the 600s. Thanks.

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 4
Maybe I'm not critical enough, but I haven't found anything that they don't pull off very well, as long as the recording is decent. Sorry, I guess you'll just have to settle for picking music based on your personal tastes in music rather than your equipment.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Aug 24, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #3 of 4
I don't have a list of songs that are extra special on the HD600. The HD600 isn't that kind of headphone. Music that makes a headphone come to life means the headphone is colored. The HD600 isn't like that.

I do have a list of music that makes the Denon D2000 come to life. The D2000 is colored. There is some music that just meshes with it just right and becomes an "oh wow!" kind of demo. But there is also some music that does the opposite on the D2000. Coloration comes with a cost.

Right now I'm listening to Tracy Chapman "Crossroads" on my HD600. I always grab my HD600 when I listen to Tracy Chapman. So maybe Tracy Chapman is one I'd put in a must try list for the HD600.

Aug 24, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I'll have to give Tracy Chapman a listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back