musis sounds better at night?
Aug 26, 2004 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Reck45

100+ Head-Fier
Am I the only one who notices this? What I must be crazy...I used to think it was because the darkness put me closer to the music but...I'm not so sure. Music just sounds better at night...there is no doubt in my mind. Is there an explanation for this?
confused.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 16
Could be that the noise is lower in your surroundings and in yout power line. And once the day is over, you maybe more relaxed.

Aug 26, 2004 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 16
I always listen at night. IT'S QUIET.

(Also I'm not allowed to swill scotch before 8pm)

Aug 26, 2004 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Could be that the noise is lower in your surroundings and in yout power line. And once the day is over, you maybe more relaxed.

There have been other threads thoroughly discussing this issue. The conclusion came down to exactly the three possible factors lan mentions.
k1000smile.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 16
I have noticed the same. Too bad summer holidays are now over and I can't stay up to listen to music at 3:00 AM
tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 16
I use to think this too. But now I prefer to listen during the day, right after waking up. Everything seems less bright, and I seem to enjoy the music more. (my ears get very critical at night, since it pretty much becomes dominant over my other senses)

Aug 26, 2004 at 7:00 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reck45
I used to think it was because the darkness put me closer to the music

this is the case for me more than anything else. you give more attention to the music, and you have to use your imagination while listening to music in the dark, atleast i do.

Aug 26, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 16
Lower temperature = denser air = sound travels better. Also, lower temperature = drivers get stiffer = tighter sound.

OK, I know, out on a limb, but amongst people who'll spend thousands on 6" cables, this isn't THAT nutty, is it?

wink.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
I don't know about at night, but lying in bed with my eyes closed puts me at one with my music any time of the day.

I lay in bed and if I close my eyes I am dead to the world in a couple of minutes. Actually I can fall asleep just about anywhere anytime. I wonder if music would delay sleep for a time?

Aug 27, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #13 of 16
I've never experienced musis at night. What is it?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back