Musiland USB 02US just arrived
Aug 21, 2009 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Mikeb

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered a Musiland 02US a couple weeks ago from ebay and it has just arrived, on opening looks very good value small well made enclosure very similar to the Trends usb dac case, good set of digital and anolouge outputs, however my first problem there was no driver disc included and no manual, checked web site but couldn't get a driver from the Musiland web site, sent email to ebay supplier who came back very quickly (approx. 15mins) with a download location address for an improved driver for the 02, installed driver with no problem and connected the unit via the usb connection to my samsung R700 laptop with the latest foobar and WASPI, musiland control panel excellent with volume sliders for analouge, digital, WDM and ASIO outputs, with a click box for headphone use, I am just playing an Ana Caram track,Captain Courageous on Chesky, in pcm 44.1/16 from the hard drive and the bass at the opening through my Audio Technica ATH AD1000 headphones is fantastic (plenty of volume available, volume control set at around 60% on control panel), openess and clarity are also excellent, tried some other flac encoded tracks all excellent, no skipping or popping evident, brillent usb sound card recommend it to anyone considering buying one.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 13
Good to hear another favourable review on this line of DACs - I ordered the 01 US mainly for the ability to tap into I2S for feeding to another DAC in close proximity but I also noticed from the pics that it has better PS filtering (this applies to the 02 also). Of course the 02 has it's own SMPS built-in which is more than likely better than power from the USB. Having 2 different headphone sockets on the 02 is a nice touch - have you listened to it via RCA out though amp + speakers?

Can you post the link - is it to the Musiland site?

Has anybody managed to register on their forum? I know it's in Chinese but is readable via Translate. I just thought it might contain some useful info/guides/upcoming releases. I tried but I think it asks me to key in some confirmation chines characters to prove I'm a carbon-based life form which I couldn't do obviously (because I'm not
bigsmile_face.gif
)

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
with a download location address for an improved driver for the 02 .

I have ordered one ......
The driver download link for musiland monitor 02 ? please

Ciao Massimo

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkeny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I presume it's to this location on the site? ±±¾©ÀÖÖ®°îµç×ӿƼ¼ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾
All the models seem to be covered by one driver download!

Or probably better, for English speakers, in translated form Google Translate

Mikeb speak about an improved driver for monitor us 02 exclusively, I think.
Pardon my english
Ciao

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #7 of 13
http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads...on_1.0.3.2.zip

above is the link for the most up to date driver provided to me by the ebayer who supplied the dac, it seems to work great, you need to look at the musiland control panel and highlight the relevant boxes that you need to use such as HP for the headphone output etc, i've been using this dac with my headphones all afternoon and it sounds absolutely great, i've not heard my ath's sound so good, superb dac worth every penny of £84, i hope to try the digital and analouge outputs into my hifi system soon.

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #9 of 13
One other thing, I noticed, Musiland seem to have some upgrade scheme for existing Lilo DAC users - don't know what it is or if it applies (or makes sense) outside China given the postage costs of sending back the Lilo DAC but still it does show some support from the company.

Aug 22, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #11 of 13
Anyone compare this to the E-mu 0404 USB?

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #13 of 13
Hey guys,

This is my first post on Head-Fi, love the site and community by the way.
My Musiland 02 US Dragon just arrived yesterday and its my first DAC.

Fortunately it came with a driver CD. Unfortunately the manual is in a different language and after installing the included drivers, updating WASPI and Foobar the DAC isn't sending audio through my headphones. According to control panel the DAC is detected and the volume is fluctuating appropriately. 

I also read through this thread and found a few links to more updated drivers but it I'm getting a 404 error when ever I try a link.
I tried Musiland's own website through Google translator and I couldn't find any downloadable drivers or even a page for the 02 dragon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I really just want to listen to some good quality music :)

-Aing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back