Musiland MD 10 just arrived
Jan 21, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #76 of 87
Oh yeah - does anyone have the contact details of this Mr Fen - could you PM me them please. thanks.

btw COEM audio quoted me $380USD for the DAC shipped to the UK which is pretty reasonable.

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:47 AM Post #77 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah - does anyone have the contact details of this Mr Fen - could you PM me them please. thanks.

btw COEM audio quoted me $380USD for the DAC shipped to the UK which is pretty reasonable.

thanks for your help!
After several days' burning in, more details are coming
600smile.gif

I am using HD650-solo at the moment.
concerning Mr. Fan (I think not fen) please read PM
I also got from him.

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #78 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what? 380 usd is too much, the official price as I know is 360. it is written on musiland home page.
retailers usually sell it by lower price.

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #79 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by myelin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what? 380 usd is too much, the official price as I know is 360. it is written on musiland home page.
retailers usually sell it by lower price.

uh he said $380 shipped to the UK. International shipping is not cheap and certainly isn't free. The $360 quoted at musiland is without shipping.

COEM sells it for AU$395 which is USD$308..

Jan 25, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #80 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uh he said $380 shipped to the UK. International shipping is not cheap and certainly isn't free. The $360 quoted at musiland is without shipping.

COEM sells it for AU$395 which is USD$308..

I got it by the price lower than 308 us dollar including insured express international shipping.
icon10.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #81 of 87
hi,

i got mine direct from china via MR. Dun Zhou (German partner from MR. Fan) for 250 Euro (320 $) shipping included to germany, and i´m very happy with this little box. It looks good and the USB option is really nice. And the sound is better than every internal Dac i use (XBOX-XBMC, Digital Broadcast and Computer).
So my PCI Sound Card is for recording from radio only.
First i thought to take a zhaolu but i don´t like the upgrade thing and compare diffrent chips and so on, so this is the best solution for the best price i think.

One Question, several times i read about ASIO driver for the DAC and so on.
I use ITunes and the first time i plugged in my MD-10 the computer installed some drivers, but i think C-Media device.
Is it better to use ASIO drivers?
Can i use this with iTunes?
Do i have to delete the C-Media driver? (because my PCI card use this)

But all in all, it looks and sounds very nice, so take a look on it if you need DAC.

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #82 of 87
Hi all. Mine has FINALLY arrvived in the country (friend of mind bought it with him from Australia). I am going to pick it up tonight. However, it seems that the glass toslink cable I ordered from the US has not arrived and has been lost (read stolen) by the local PO. I know the MD10 comes with one, but the one I ordered came with a mini-Toslink adapter which I need, and which no one in the country actually keeps stock of!

I am going to try arrange another one ASAP, but in the interim I wanted to ask: has anyone tried comparing the MD10 used with bit-perfect ASIO input (i.e. digital coax or optical) vs. using it via USB with ASIO4ALL or ASIO2KS?

Cheers,
X

Feb 6, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #84 of 87
One last question, promise
biggrin.gif

Can you use the ASIO driver from USB-Audio (the ASIO driver you need to purchase, for use with hardware which do not have their own ASIO drivers). I believe this achieves true bit-perfect output without using any part of the OS audio stack, so should be superior to ASIO4ALL.

X

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #85 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegamble /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi,

i got mine direct from china via MR. Dun Zhou (German partner from MR. Fan) for 250 Euro (320 $) shipping included to germany, and i´m very happy with this little box. It looks good and the USB option is really nice. And the sound is better than every internal Dac i use (XBOX-XBMC, Digital Broadcast and Computer).
First i thought to take a zhaolu but i don´t like the upgrade thing and compare diffrent chips and so on, so this is the best solution for the best price i think.

I use ITunes and the first time i plugged in my MD-10 the computer installed some drivers, but i think C-Media device.

But all in all, it looks and sounds very nice, so take a look on it if you need DAC.

Bluegamble,

I don't have an answer on the ASIO driver for ITunes (I too am looking for an answer on that one) but I installed the ASIO driver with the foobar media player in addition to my ITunes and all I can say is WOW
basshead.gif

The difference is like comparing a cheap off the shelf CD players sound to a true audiophile player. Here's a fantastic link on how ASIO works and all the info to make it happen. Without it, I wouldn't have had a clue. THANKS EnOYin!! BIG TIME!!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...highlight=ASIO

I'm still trying to figure out foobar to its fullest. I can't say it's my favorite media player, but the sound quality of the ASIO driver, makes it a true winner! You won't be disapointed. Also you shouldn't have to delete the C-Media driver in order to use it.

Mar 11, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #86 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegamble /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi,

thanks for your comment!
I just put it on German ebay.
www.ebay.de

Mar 27, 2007 at 9:25 AM Post #87 of 87
I got spacemanspliff's MD-10 and when I got it I was blown away. It's great to be able to finally HEAR the music. I have to second his comment about the soundstage and being able to hear everything where it's supposed to be. It was definitely a huge step up in my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back