Musiland MD 10 just arrived
Jan 5, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #46 of 87
I asked that too. Response was: "actual price would be $105.00 Shipping + $10.00 shipping and handling fee we charge for testing, burn in, insurance and warranty. We certify not DOA".

Note that COEM audio tests for no DOA too and is included in the price. Either way, as I said, if you live in the US it may be worthwhile going for PV. If not (especially in a 220-230V country) perhaps look elsewhere.

Jan 5, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #47 of 87
yeah PV is fine in the states but man that's pricey for international.

Jan 5, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #48 of 87
Ok thanks for the info. That shipping cost was a little pricey.
But I can't find the MD-10 on coem's homepage. It's so darn slow for me right now (and I'm on 100Mbit).

Maybe I should contact musiland directly.

Can anyone test and confirm if TRUE asio does work or not using usb?
As if the dac can handle bit-perfect using the usb I wouldn't have to buy a new soundcard to. At least not for the moment.

Jan 6, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #49 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I can't find the MD-10 on coem's homepage. It's so darn slow for me right now (and I'm on 100Mbit).

http://coemaudio.com.au/products.php?product_id=111

Jan 6, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #50 of 87
Thanks I was visiting www.coemaudio.com not www.coemaudio.com.au
But they state on their page that they do not ship internationally. You are to use their international website coemaudio.com instead. But the MD-10 isn't listed on that page. And no price either. Maybe I'll have to contact them via mail.

Jan 8, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #52 of 87
Well, I took the plunge today and ponied up for the Musiland MD10. Considered the Zhalou (didn't want to do the solder/upgrade thing), CityPulse, and a few others, but I wanted SS output (I own the competent Mapletree Ear+ Purist tube amp) as well as USB and a US supplier. Given budget considerations and the surpising ability to act as a preamp for my speaker rig I figured I'd try the MD10.

I must say Wei at iFiAudio has provided excellent service so far, and has been quick to answer emails. He shipped the same day I sent payment so I should have it by the end of the week.

I'll post my impressions after break in. Impressions only, since I certainly don't have wide experience with modern gear.
wink.gif

The wait starts... tick tick tick

Jan 8, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #53 of 87
oh yeah Wei is a headfier I believe and isn't in it for the $$ so iFiaudio should be a strong consideration for all headfiers looking for this DAC.

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #54 of 87
Yeah, he's great, and you can deal with him to get a MD-10 shipped in Europe (just ordered mine).

Very recommanded.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #55 of 87
As stated in another thread, my Musiland arrived yesterday and is burning in as we speak. BTW ordered it Monday, got it Wednesday. Omaha to Pittsburgh. Not bad.

FWIW USPS Priority is much faster than UPS. The USPS actually ships via FedEx planes when there's room, which is most of the time. Once ordered a piece of equipment from Vancouver on Thursday. Received it Monday.

Jan 16, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #56 of 87
Update.

I hooked my MD 10 up to my NAD 2100 amplifier and it sounds great as a pre-amp. Very handy little box imo. For the $$ a very good deal. Gives a warm, organic touch to my digital library. The controls on the MD10 are simple and easy to use. I now reccomend it fully over the Zhalou as a smaller dac with more to offer and at least as good sound as a modded Zhalou 2.

Jan 16, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #57 of 87
I am burning in my MD10 too.
this little stuff is really amazing!
I am using Laptop-usb-MD10-Lehmann BCL-HD600
without burning in, MD10 is already quite nice, I hope it improves.

Jan 16, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #58 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe I should contact musiland directly.

Can anyone test and confirm if TRUE asio does work or not using usb?
As if the dac can handle bit-perfect using the usb I wouldn't have to buy a new soundcard to. At least not for the moment.

I got directly from Mr. Fan who is the main distributor of musiland as I know. His friend is in Europe who can help him to sell it directly to Europe.

Jan 16, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #59 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by serotec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got directly from Mr. Fan who is the main distributor of musiland as I know. His friend is in Europe who can help him to sell it directly to Europe.

Sending PM to you now.

Jan 16, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #60 of 87
I just hooked mine up about 10 minutes ago.

Initial impressions are quite good, bass is noticeably improved over the output of my x-fi but otherwise its hard to say just yet, I wont have much time to play until later.

I do like the little LCD and all the settings you can get though
biggrin.gif

Ok, this is just freaky.

While playing around I just heard a weird buzzing in the left ear on bass heavy sections. Trying to figure out what it was I took a look at the headphones to make sure there was no hair or anything caught over the drivers or something odd like that.

The left grill was on upside down. Putting it on the right way fixed it immediately.

Thing is its been weeks since I took the grill off and I never heard ANY buzzing whatsoever, yet after perhaps 15 minutes of listening I notice it with this thing hooked up during a bass heavy section, and in a song I have probably listened to a dozen or more times in since I put it the grill on wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back