Musiland MD-10 - anyone?
Mar 8, 2008 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ricmat

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I've been looking in here, but couldnt find anything conclusive!

Has anyone seriously have/tried/compared Musiland MD-10?

This DAC has all interesting in (optical, coax, USB); does upsampling at 192KHz and stays bellow 300USD...

So, I'ma actively looking into this one! Anyone??

CHeers!

Mar 8, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 12
Yep it's a great DAC - hard to beat for the price IMO.

If I didn't have the cash at the time I bought my Benchmark, I would have gone the Musiland.

The headphone amp section is lacking, and is really just an 'extra' rather than a serious feature, but in all other areas it is great. Even looks nice too!

Quite an underrated bit of gear, which would make a solid difference to most 'DAC-less' systems.

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 12
I own the MD10 and its matching upsampler, the SRC10. I had a succession of NOS DACs before the MD10, and for me the detailed analytical sound of the MD10 won out. This DAC will work with up to 24/192 sources but does NOT upsample, you will need the SRC10 upsampler for this. When used with the upsampler the MD10 improves yet again. For me I like haveing a separate upsampler as it can also feed my Headroom Balanced Amp and DAC (the headroom DAC also used the same DAC chip as the MD10).

The MD10 is a top notch DAC.

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #5 of 12
BTW, the MD10 DAC sounds even better if you feed it opitcal or Coax.

Mar 8, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #6 of 12
Thank you all guys for your answers!

actually, we were kind clear.. just to clear some things down:

- what would be the improvement of the upsampler?

- anyother DAC at this price tag I'm missing? (i.e. I've looked into the Beresford, KECES, Zero and I found Musiland to be the only one with all the inputs I value! Opt/USB)

can you suggest me another one? How does this one compare to the built-in Corda Aria DAC?

Cheers!

Mar 8, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkoulban /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, the MD10 DAC sounds even better if you feed it opitcal or Coax.

well, my pc has Opt out so that wouldn't be a problem!
smily_headphones1.gif
the thing is a lot of new pcs do not feature SPDIF so I thing I should also be looking into one with USB in, as would not like to loose my 250GB music collection

Mar 8, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds promising, I've had my eyes on one for a while now, just can't seem to hit the order button...need a little more convincing I guess
smily_headphones1.gif

So just order it from someone you can return it to if you aren't impressed. The sound difference should be convincing enough... that's the point after all...

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #10 of 12
yep... ... that's it.. you got my point...
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds promising, I've had my eyes on one for a while now, just can't seem to hit the order button...need a little more convincing I guess
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #12 of 12
I almost bought one some time back but when I found out about the EMU 0404 USB I bought that instead becasue I couold buy one in Canada and the Musiland I can't. Supposedly it is decent for what it costs. Don't know if it is worse or better than an EMU 0404 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back