Musicstreamer II+ and an older android device.
Feb 24, 2013 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yay101

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all! Since android has decent usb audio support, especially in the custom rom's i use and kernels i cook i am getting a musicstreamer II+ and a S2 or similar device. What are your thoughts on this setup?

To clarify my setup, i will be using UPNP output plugin for foobar directed at the S2 running private dancer or bubble upnp outputting through the Musicstreamer. Both foobar and upnp will play at the source quality as no transcoding is done anywhere (except for making all sources play at 48000 so the stream isn't broken), and the signal is all digital to the phones usb. Does anyone forsee any problems with this setup?

The S2 is fast enough to handle streaming flac with no problem, tested with its normal headphone jack.

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 4
As far as I know, there is no stock or custom Galaxy S2 kernel with a standard USB host feature enabling USB DAC interworking.

"The S2 doesn't have [USB] isochronous transfers in the kernel, so unless a custom kernel comes with that feature for the S2, then I can't do anything about it."
[developer of the USB Audio Recorder PRO app]
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/1635#post_9133931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back