Musician's friend extended warranty?
Feb 5, 2006 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

IHaveNoSpaceBar

100+ Head-Fier
Hello I was wondering if you guys bought their extended warranty(musicians friend). I purchasesd it because it was only $8 for 2 years. They said it covers everything. I got a pair of Audio Technichas A500's, Are they reliable?

Feb 5, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoSpaceBar
Hello I was wondering if you guys bought their extended warranty(musicians friend). I purchasesd it because it was only $8 for 2 years. They said it covers everything. I got a pair of Audio Technichas A500's, Are they reliable?

Well, $8 for 2 years isn't much, depending on what it covers. But I confess I *never* buy extended warranties. They generally are unncessary as most modern electronic equipment will either fail fairly quickly during the manufacturer's warranty or will last beyond obsolescents. Extended warranties are basically an electronics retailer's way of making more money at a huge profit margin. Many times the limitations are so many and the hurdles to actually getting service under the warranty so extensive as to make the virtually worthless to the purchaser.

As always, YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back