Musician(drummer) sound neutral IEM headphones up to 250$
Mar 11, 2024 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MartyPorkSoda

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, at first, thanks for letting me join this awesome group.

I'm looking for a new IEM headphones upgrade with ideally neutral balanced sound up to 250$ plus minus.
Main requests are neutral sound with nice plastic fast and accurate bass for kick drum, good isolation, instrument separation, sound stage and clarity. It will be used mainly for live stage and band rehearsals. Sound source is digital mixer Soundcraft UI24r.

I got Rock-it sound R-50 with two balanced Knowles which is pretty good and Audiosense DT200 also with two balanced Knowles but with warmer slightly V shaped sound I do not like so much because I miss the clarity and instruments separation.

Thanks a lot for all your recommendations.

Mar 11, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #2 of 9
Hello everyone, at first, thanks for letting me join this awesome group.

I'm looking for a new IEM headphones upgrade with ideally neutral balanced sound up to 250$ plus minus.
Main requests are neutral sound with nice plastic fast and accurate bass for kick drum, good isolation, instrument separation, sound stage and clarity. It will be used mainly for live stage and band rehearsals. Sound source is digital mixer Soundcraft UI24r.

I got Rock-it sound R-50 with two balanced Knowles which is pretty good and Audiosense DT200 also with two balanced Knowles but with warmer slightly V shaped sound I do not like so much because I miss the clarity and instruments separation.

Thanks a lot for all your recommendations.

You can read about the Truthear HEXA.

It is quite neutral, good isolation with strong technicalities for a sub $100 IEM. I play piano in a band and use it as a budget daily beater gig set sometimes.

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #3 of 9
You can read about the Truthear HEXA.

It is quite neutral, good isolation with strong technicalities for a sub $100 IEM. I play piano in a band and use it as a budget daily beater gig set sometimes.
I heard about them. It's an option as well but I would like to upgrade the sound if possible. Is there anything significantly better 20at0-250$ price range than the HEXA? Thanks

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 9
I heard about them. It's an option as well but I would like to upgrade the sound if possible. Is there anything significantly better 20at0-250$ price range than the HEXA? Thanks

The GeekWold GK100 is a neutral bright IEM which is very resolving for a sub $200 USD IEM. With this IEM, I can pick out fine minutiae in music tracks that similarly priced gear cannot.

However, it is neutral in the bass (not for bassheads) and it is a bit sterile in note weight. Treble may be a tinge spicy cause it has some piezo electric drivers inside, but otherwise it is a very technical set that is better than the HEXA in sheer resolution.

Mar 13, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #6 of 9
Consider trying out etymotic er4p. I used to study guitar/drums too back in the days and they were pretty good reference point to me. But you really need to find good tips and put them in your ears properly - otherwise they might sound cheap/thin.

Mar 14, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #7 of 9
Under $250 you could try the Etymotic ER3SE (neutral) or ER3XR (very modestly bass boosted).

The Etymotics are nearly always pictured with the triple flange eartips. But they do come with foam tips that, for me, are more comfortable and have a better seal. Never did like the flanges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back