Musician Amp Good Enough ?
Mar 12, 2007 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

EdT

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if multi channel musician amps such as Berhinger, Rolls or ArtAccessories etc... good enough audiophile quality for us headfiers ?

The reason is that not many people bid on these amps from the audiophile side of things, but I am wondering if they are good enough for studios, aren't they acceptable or good enough for us ?

Mar 12, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 4
usually, when you step into the musician realm, you begin to get sterile sounding stuff. they are great for what they do, but headamps are overall quite a coloured bunch of equipment made to help headphones out where they lack.

ive heard the presonous and behringer and certainly they amped the signal but they were made for studio monitors more than likely and for that purpose are amazing: fast and clean, no veil anywhere but loud and overpowering.

Mar 12, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 4
I used to own emu-1616 with integrated monitoring amplifier, and I loved it for its speed and excellent detail, and soundstage...but I am a lover of detailed and speed >.< It would not be something to describe as musical/fun, but I was never a fan of such tonalities.

Mar 12, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 4
I have the Beringer Powerpro 8 channel independent headphone amp. It was designed for monitoring uses but I just use it to watch movies with.

Nothing special in terms of audiophile qualities, but definitely worthwhile if you are going to use it in your studio or demoing a piece of music to a bunch of mates.

Probably good to bring to a meet too as you have 8 channels independently controlled so headphones with different sensitivity isn't a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back