musical OOooo's
May 4, 2002 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

jerikl

500+ Head-Fier
you ever have musical orgasms? at least that's what i call them... when you just get chills all over your body while listening to something... mmm
biggrin.gif

heh.. okay.

May 4, 2002 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 17
Paging Team Woodie...

May 5, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 17
If u meant this sexually, well, then, no.

But, if u meant "orgasm" more along the chills line, then, yes - every album John Coltrane did after and including A Love Supreme gives me the chills.

May 5, 2002 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 17
haha.. no sexually.. chills yes! and Coltrane, yes! I think I may go listen to A Love Supreme right now as I haven't done so in a while.

using... the Head and some 600's maybe.

May 5, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #6 of 17
Curve - "Unreadable Communication" -- about two minutes in. Those of you who have heard this know of what I speak. And you can have multiples, too, just put this song on auto-repeat.

Jean-Michel Jarre - opening of Magnetic Fields -- he had become formulaic in his previous two albums, opening with a slow riff that double-times, but this time, he launched right into it on the second note.

And yes, there are others.

May 5, 2002 at 10:05 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
I'm telling you, anabolic has much higher quality audio than vivid DVDs...

lol!
but not true! all the anabloics i have are in mono (don't know about vivid though).
biggrin.gif

anyway, i recently was driving from michigan back down to indiana on US 69 listening to bjork's vespertine and it gave me chills. i'm still really into that album 6 months after it was released. it's a true classic . . . and timeless.

i'm sure they'll still be listening to vespertine 100 years from now.
cool.gif

May 5, 2002 at 11:30 PM Post #9 of 17
Shostakovich really knows how to send a chill down your spine... The E minor piano trio comes to mind. His first violin concerto has done that to me too.

May 6, 2002 at 12:52 AM Post #10 of 17
beethoven:
the long crescendo in the 1st movement of his 6th symphony, especially the karl bohm version from the seventies. i experienced non-drug induced euphoria, no ****.

handel:
the long crescendo in the 1st movement of his "royal fireworks". always leaves me smiling. (aam/hogwood)

wagner:
the funeral music from gotterdammerung. when i saw it live i was overwhelmed. (cleveland orch/szell)

beethoven:
1st movement, 9th symphony. a rollercoaster of emotion and rhythm that give me goosebumps EVERY TIME (which is unusual).

beethoven:
4th piano concerto. i call it the "beethoven bus" because it really takes you for a ride; lots of oooooos. alfred brendel's version is good.

May 6, 2002 at 1:07 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by arnett

lol!
but not true! all the anabloics i have are in mono (don't know about vivid though).
biggrin.gif

anyway, i recently was driving from michigan back down to indiana on US 69 listening to bjork's vespertine and it gave me chills. i'm still really into that album 6 months after it was released. it's a true classic . . . and timeless.

i'm sure they'll still be listening to vespertine 100 years from now.
cool.gif

Oh yes
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Bjork
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Setmenu

mm...Team Bjork? hehe

May 6, 2002 at 3:58 AM Post #12 of 17
setmenu,
check my avatar!

what's that one bjork song where she sings "come to me..." serious chills.

May 6, 2002 at 6:52 AM Post #13 of 17
I won't bore you with a full list, but here are some things that are hot ("orgasmic"), rather than chilling

1. Franck: Piano Quintet

2. Scriabin: Poem of Ecstacy

3. I'll second some Wagner, say, the Prelude to Tristan

4. I'll second some Coltrane...Transition is perhaps the hottest.

5. Chopin: 4th Ballade, or Op. 27 #1 Nocturne (the latter also a bit chilling!)

May 6, 2002 at 7:53 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by arnett

lol!
biggrin.gif

hehehehe... you're a pro!

May 6, 2002 at 9:22 PM Post #15 of 17
Final movements of Beethoven's 3rd and 6th Symphonies

Various sections in Rach's 2nd Piano Cto, though this may also be due to outside circumstances since I listened to this a lot around the time my boys were born.

Joy Division's Decades, 24 hours, and Ceremony

The last song on Morrissey's Your Arsenal

Batman soundtrack Decent into Mystery

Various sections of the Edward Scissorhands soundtrack

Tchaikovsky Romeo & Juliet

One of the movements of one of the Brandenburg Ctos, not sure which one since I don't have the CD handy right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back