Musical Instrument-Fi!!
Dec 20, 2010 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

danielghofrani

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Guys, I thought since there are a lot of Audiophiles here maybe there are quite a few instrumentalists as well. 
there are pictures from my Santur gear. feel free to post your musical instruments. 

This is My main Santur. I built the Table myself to my own height. I built a little "shelf" under the table to neatly put the mallets, etc.

here are the cases for the hammers, metronome, tuner, and tuning form. the table is not well finished but it is sturdy and made of Canadian White Pine. sorry about the bad craftsmanship of the table, I am a musician, not a wood worker ;P

These are the instruments I play with, The one on the bottom is a professional quality(thats why I have covered its behind to keep it from scratches :wink: ) . 

I am a Santur hammer addict!! these are the ones I have elected from literally hundreds of pairs I have tried. I usually play with the one on the very left. the ones on the middle have been sanded further by myself to give me the shape I want. the white hammer is made of "Azgil" wood. the rest are black walnut. the tips are wool felt (different densities for different sounds). I like to cover the hammers with leather sometimes, I have not come across high quality hides (to compare with these felts) in a while. 

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #4 of 31
I have a Vito alto that needs to be serviced, a somewhat weathered Conn New Wonder II (Chu) Alto, a cheapo Fender (It might even be a cruddy Starcaster.) guitar, a random Yamaha digital piano, and used my sisters' Gemeinhardt 2SP and Leblanc...something clarinet. And I plan on getting a decent clarinet of my own, a cheap Buescher True Tone alto for gigging until I have enough money to buy a 28M to replace my Chu for school and contest stuff, a Conn Coprion Director to start out with or a Buescher True Tone, a Coprion Trombone, a cheap Sop and Bari (Ideally Conns...my friend has a 12M and it sounds fabulous), a nicer acoustic, a tuba of some sort, a Moog, and a didgeridoo.

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #5 of 31

I have a Vito alto that needs to be serviced, a somewhat weathered Conn New Wonder II (Chu) Alto, a cheapo Fender (It might even be a cruddy Starcaster.) guitar, a random Yamaha digital piano, and used my sisters' Gemeinhardt 2SP and Leblanc...something clarinet. And I plan on getting a decent clarinet of my own, a cheap Buescher True Tone alto for gigging until I have enough money to buy a 28M to replace my Chu for school and contest stuff, a Conn Coprion Director to start out with or a Buescher True Tone, a Coprion Trombone, a cheap Sop and Bari (Ideally Conns...my friend has a 12M and it sounds fabulous), a nicer acoustic, a tuba of some sort, a Moog, and a didgeridoo.

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #7 of 31

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Two Selmer saxes, one Conn alto sax. Novation SL MKII, will buy a Doepfer PK88 in the near future.

Cool, what style of music do you play?

Jazz. Trying to get into ambient because I like listening to it and I have wrist problems.

Oh Nice! I have some experience in Jazz! I used to comp with vibraphones (rhythm section), but I never took that serious since Santur was my main thing.

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #9 of 31
A pretty crappy bassoon (them things are expensive!), and a pretty decent Cello of German make.

I'm good at the cello, not so good at the bassoon. I'm working on some recordings of myself playing cello, I'll post them when they're done.

I'll also post some pictures later.

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #10 of 31

Quote:
A pretty crappy bassoon (them things are expensive!), and a pretty decent Cello of German make.

I'm good at the cello, not so good at the bassoon. I'm working on some recordings of myself playing cello, I'll post them when they're done.

I'll also post some pictures later.

Bassoon and Cello are AWESOME

Mar 4, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #11 of 31
Trumpet: Bach Stradivarius LR180S (Silver plated, Lightweight, Reversed Lead Pipe), Bach Gold trim kit, Bach 1.5 C Megatone Mouthpiece, Bach Gold 1.5C megatone mouthpiece.
 Total Approximate Market Value: $3000+$50+$100+$100=3250.

Also, my dad has a Bose GT5 effects processor. He bought me a Yamaha S80 Keyboard (their old flagship). I'm thinking baout going back into music a bit but my classes are too hectic for me to manage. Also, I'd like to play either in a show or in a band or a recital, something. There are no opportunities like that that have made themselves available to me as of yet. And trumpet sounds a bit bland when I paly without an accompanyist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back