Musical IEMs up to $500
Jul 3, 2018 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gfabbri

New Head-Fier
So, my dog ate my beloved Earsonics SM64s. True story.

Anyway, now looking for a replacement set of IEMs to use with my FIIO x7 mk2.

I value musicality over extreme resolution and am open to any brand.

Ideally, I’d like to keep it to <$350, but could go up to $500.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #3 of 8
PM'd. Highly recommend the Polaris in your budget.

Jul 5, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #5 of 8
I see it similarly, in valuing musicality over extreme resolution, which is not to say I don't appreciate good technicalities. I have the Massdrop Noble X and I love it. Basically, it's a more approachable version of Noble Sage ($599) for $250, which is a very good value.

Right now, I'm listening to Nightwish and it sounds sublime. The Noble X is generally mid-centric with a slight bump in the upper bass region, giving it much welcome bit of warmth and satisfaction. The treble is smooth and laid back, which results in the IEM being relatively forgiving (let's face it, plenty of great music is not that well recorded). Although I have to admit that I'm missing a tiny bit of the treble extension when listening to classical music.

Another musical and engaging IEM in this price range is RHA T20. Or something from DUNU.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #6 of 8
Noble x has pretty good range and soundstage. It does sound slightly artificial but cant really complain for how cheap they are. Get a pair of symbio tips. Thats must.

Check out alo b stock page. You might find something you like.

Jul 5, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 8
He got my Polaris!

@cantsleep where would one get Symbio tips? I need them for my Django but can't figure out for the life of me what size to get or where to buy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back