Musical/Fun IEMs?
May 30, 2008 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Envoy of Light

100+ Head-Fier
Hello fellow head-fi'ers.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm on a search for a new set of "Musical" IEMs- IEMs that will make my music sound full of spirit, and not something that will dissect my music and put it under a microscope, as was said by Paul in another thread.
I'll begin with saying that my music is not very good recorded nor ripped. I have a lot of 128kbps oldschool Hip Hop songs, a lot of 192kbps songs and etc. 256 and 320 kbps are not very common in my music library. I just want something that will make what's there to shine- not something that will uncover all the flaws. Music tastes are Rap, Hip Hop & some Punk Rock. Can you please recommend me an IEM that suits my needs? Budget is up to, say around 150$. I will be using the IEMs unamped.

Thank you SO much in advance. Your help will be very appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Regards,
Envoy.

May 30, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 8
"FutureSonics Atrio seems meet all your needs."

Here's another vote for the Future Sonics. They meet your needs in price (or come very close) and would go very well with your music preferences.

May 30, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 8
The music I keep on my iPod falls into the same range of bitrates as most of yours. After debating the Ety ER4p, Shure E4, and UE SF5pro (and hearing a lot of good things about the Atrios, but never listening to them), I went with the SF5s and have been very pleased. They're fun and accurate enough without making the music's compression painfully obvious. Plus they can be found for ~$150 new if you look around...

May 30, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Envoy of Light /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will they sound good with not very good recordings/rips, rather than just uncovering their flaws? Do you have any experience with them in this region?

They shouldn't hurt your ears, even with 128kbs mp3 they sound good. Of course not as good as with better quality recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back