Musical Fidelity X-Cans head amp
Dec 14, 2021 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sam Spade

100+ Head-Fier
I've had the legendary Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista preamp with the nuvistor metal valves for ages, it is remarkable with a Cambridge Audio 840CD and CA 65OBD bluray running a Rotel RB1080 power amp and Dalisuite 3.5 floorstanding speakers. Running a Burson Conductor 3x headamp with it. But I shorted the Burson and it's off for repairs. So I dropped in a Musical Fidelity X-Cans valve headamp I have had stashed for ages. Running Audeze LCD4s and LCDxc headphones. It sounds completely awesome. I'm used to the Burson and a Sparkos Aries. I love them both, and this is no back to back comparison but I'll have to do that in the future. On first impressions the MF X-Cans is so musical and super detailed, great treble, and unbelievable mids, especially vocals. Bass is good but not as good as the Sparko's slam and tightness which is awesome.

Attachments

• 20211214_231333.jpg
    20211214_231333.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Dec 14, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #2 of 2
I have a (modified by pink floyd) which i have had for a decade or so, it works wonderfully with hd650 and i have never felt the need to improve on it (i use a mojo/modified meze 99/oppo pm3/hd25 (modified by custom cans) for portable use) and a irdac2 from laptop usb and coax from cd player (marantz)

I agree that the muscial fidelity x-cans are difficult to improve on in any fundamental way.

d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back