Musical Fidelity X-Can v3, where to buy in Toronoto?
Sep 17, 2006 at 8:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Raymate

100+ Head-Fier
Moving out to Toronto early next year (live in the UK)

But going out for 8 week next week.

Up until now I have been using GoVibes with my Senns and now want to have a home rig, The X-Can is what I like and now need to source one in Toronto.

I did about getting one in the UK then taking it with me but the hassle and then I need to sort out a new power supply. I figure if I can find a good deal in Toronto or nearby then that would be better.

Was thinking about getting a new GoVibe 5 just to have instead but the money can go toward a home rig, what do you think?

My main hom cans are HD600 and HD650 (Arrive on Tuesday)

How much run it time does this amp need?

Can it be left powered on 24h a day?

R

Sep 17, 2006 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 3
According to Musical Fidelity and others the X-Can V3 is meant to be left on 24 hours a day. I would not do it because I do not feel confortable leaving equipment on for long periods unatended. A second side issue is that in some cases boards have been scorched after years of being on. This is not much of an issue on the V3 as it was on the V2 plus it is an easy solution to add heat sinks such as:

I would suggest you buy an used unit for about $300 and send it to PinkFloyd to have it modified. Heck he is in GB and if I was you I would buy one of his new power supplies to get the most out of the V3. By the way here is the link to PinkFloyd's website:

http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/xcanpropage.htm

I would say 100 to 150 hours of burn in would do it. Good luck.

Edit 1 (9/17/06 at 9:40am): Added link to PinkFloyd's website

Sep 17, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
According to Musical Fidelity and others the X-Can V3 is meant to be left on 24 hours a day. I would not do it because I do not feel confortable leaving equipment on for long periods unatended. A second side issue is that in some cases boards have been scorched after years of being on. This is not much of an issue on the V3 as it was on the V2 plus it is an easy solution to add heat sinks such as:

I would suggest you buy an used unit for about $300 and send it to PinkFloyd to have it modified. Heck he is in GB and if I was you I would buy one of his new power supplies to get the most out of the V3. By the way here is the link to PinkFloyd's website:

http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/xcanpropage.htm

I would say 100 to 150 hours of burn in would do it. Good luck.

Edit 1 (9/17/06 at 9:40am): Added link to PinkFloyd's website

Thanks for the reply.

wow didnt know you can mod it so much, could be fun.

Does anyone have a price for it in Toronto? Finding prices for this items seem difficult.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back