Musical Fidelity V-DAC vs. KingRex UD-01 DAC + PSU vs. HeadRoom Micro DAC
Jun 1, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't have any experience with the KingRex, but as between the HeadRoom and the V-Dac, I for one definitely cast my vote for the V-dac.  I do have some experience with a fair range of DACs and in my mind you're looking at 1200 or so for the Benchmark DAC-1 before you definitively outperform the V-Dac.  It's very detailed, and relatively neutral (something of a warm, mid-forward presentation to some degree, but never in a way that makes the presentation feel blurry or fuzzy).  The V-Dac is always the DAC I recommend for people looking for a good low-cost DAC.

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #4 of 8
In my experience a beefier PSU really doesn't help at all; the stock one is fairly low noise, and it supplies more than enough current.  Then again my only comparison has been with a Pyramid PS3, which is not exactly ultra high quality.

Jun 2, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 8
Great, I really appreciate the help!  Looks like V-DAC it is, unless someone has a different opinion on these DACs.  I know that they all get great reviews, and they're all about the same price (Including a PSU with the KingRex).  But from what  Dev Avidon said, along with what I've read, it seems that the V-DAC is the most preferred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back