Musical Fidelity MF-100 On Ear Headphones.
Apr 6, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #31 of 36
How does it compares to ATH-M50? I quiet enjoy the M50.
I am not an audiophile as well but interested with this MF100. Would it be an upgrade over the M50?
List of headphones i have - ATH M50 (for general listening - slow rock, acoustic, folk, indie, Jazz) and Aiaiai TMA-1 (for heavier, electronica/dance music) and AKG K450 (sold - i hated the sound ....muddy and overblown bass)

Apr 18, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #33 of 36
There has to be the obligatory HD25-1 ii comparison, particularly as mf-100's are much the same price (bit cheaper), astroid reckons the MF's are better than the Senns, but are they as portable? (the reason I'm pressing on this is that I really want to get the MF's :wink:, and have to find a reason not to get the HD25's)

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #34 of 36
  There has to be the obligatory HD25-1 ii comparison, particularly as mf-100's are much the same price (bit cheaper), astroid reckons the MF's are better than the Senns, but are they as portable? (the reason I'm pressing on this is that I really want to get the MF's :wink:, and have to find a reason not to get the HD25's)

On portability issues, the headband of the MF-100 is sprung enough that, should you need to hang them round your neck while not listening, they will press in a bit. I listen about 99% at home, so that's not a problem for me.

My old Samsung portable didn't really have the oomph needed to listen on the move in a noisy environment, but plugged into my ADL Esprit, they are great!

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #36 of 36
  What's the isolation like on these? I listen on public transport and I don't like sound leakage. Are they closed or open?

They are a closed-back model, despite what looks like a grille on the outside. They sit on the ear, rather than around, so there will still be some leakage, but not a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back