Music worth buying... I've got a tiny library. Rap/Hip-Hop, and Rock
Feb 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #16 of 29

Quote:
Out of curiosity have you found any new artists that you like?

Yep,
Led Zepplin
Tech 9ne
Jimi Hendrix

Quote:
Nobody ever mentions this guy but hes one of my all time favorite
AZ- Aziatic
AZ- The Format
AZ- A.W.O.L.

If you want some specific tracks PM me, but these are some of my fav songs

Wanna be there
Paradise
Fanmail
This is What I Do
Affirmative Action

If you like nas, you should definitely check this guy out hes one of the only person to do a collab with Nas, and was the other rapper in Life's a Bitch.

Thanks!

Quote:
If you're just getting into rock music, you might check out Rolling Stone's various lists of the 100 greatest artists/albums etc. It's not definitive, but it's a good starting place to get a lot of the essentials. You may also check out the Music Lists pages on Digital Dream Door. I've found tons of great stuff there.

Great list! Basically, I've always just listened to the radio or news or whatever, but now am enjoying music more, and am looking for some good artists. Thanks, I googled the list, and am listening to some of  the artists on Spotify now.

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #17 of 29
Awesome, a new tech n9ne fan! You can preorder his new mixtape "Klusterfuk" at strangemusicinc.net and get a signed copy

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #18 of 29
I like  all types of music the spotify, and related artists. I found Slightly Stoopid, Advett Brothers, Mac Miller, Band of Heathens, Mumfords and Son, etc through that. I really enjoy their album,

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #20 of 29

Quote:
Awesome, a new tech n9ne fan! You can preorder his new mixtape "Klusterfuk" at strangemusicinc.net and get a signed copy

Ive been an avid tech fan for about 9 years now, and really, really hope he comes through with klusterfuk..  Im hoping 'blur' isnt on it, because content-wise, it is IMO one of his weakest tracks.  I have high hopes for the ep, but if it is like 'blur' Im afraid I wont be purchasing it 
frown.gif

Sorry for the off-topic, carry on.

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #21 of 29
Sorry for the continued slight off topic, but yeah I agree, Blur was not that great. The rap was fine, but felt really mainstream, and the beat really did put the image of being drunk throwing up at a party in my head, the weezing electronic wobble sound and blurry/smudged vocals, eww! Tech's rap goes hard on there though, so I don't hate the track, but the play button will not see much use from me on that one, and hopefully the whole EP is not like that.

Quote:
Ive been an avid tech fan for about 9 years now, and really, really hope he comes through with klusterfuk..  Im hoping 'blur' isnt on it, because content-wise, it is IMO one of his weakest tracks.  I have high hopes for the ep, but if it is like 'blur' Im afraid I wont be purchasing it 
frown.gif

Sorry for the off-topic, carry on.

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #22 of 29
BTW, I notice he hasn't been mentioned, but I'd recommend Bob Dylan. Of all the popular music of the 20th Century, nobody had as big of an affect on me, personally, than Dylan. Every time I return to him it's riveting. Though for newbies it may take some getting used to his "bad" (in the classic sense) singing. Most consider Highway 61, Blonde on Blonde, and Blood on the Tracks his best. I personally love the unique John Wesley Harding, as well as his newer albums. Time out of Mind is one of the most intense albums ever.

Feb 18, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #24 of 29
Similar to Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin is:

- Cream (only 3 studio albums before they broke up, features the famous guitarist Eric Clapton)
- The Who ("Who's Next" is the most popular studio album, "Live at Leeds" is one of their best)

BTW, I always look for things that several otherwise unconnected people recommend, so I will check out "tech n9ne" since several people who just happened to read this thread already like it.

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #25 of 29
Something more recent (if you don't wanna buy his tracks lol), you can hear him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00r_-tQfM3k

He's the third verse, starts at 2:08
Insane, huh?!
If you liek his other stuff you probably like this, but it might not necessarily be the other way around, so don't judge if you're a fan solely on this but yeah great track and verse. My favorites (albums) were All 6s and 7s (tracks Strangeland and Technicians are my faves, and he has a video for Mama Nem on youtube) and K.O.D., but that one is very dark and may not suit you. Everready was a good album of what hip hop enthusiasts would call "bangers", especially Caribou Lou, what a classic

Quote:
Similar to Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin is:

- Cream (only 3 studio albums before they broke up, features the famous guitarist Eric Clapton)
- The Who ("Who's Next" is the most popular studio album, "Live at Leeds" is one of their best)

BTW, I always look for things that several otherwise unconnected people recommend, so I will check out "tech n9ne" since several people who just happened to read this thread already like it.

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #26 of 29
I know the black girl that was spinning fire in the video haha, I believe it was shot here in MN, cool stuff.  TT is garbage but tech and twista came with it.  I already cut TT out of it and have a twista and tech version

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #27 of 29
Nice! I want it XD
But is it in FLAC? lol
Quote:
I know the black girl that was spinning fire in the video haha, I believe it was shot here in MN, cool stuff.  TT is garbage but tech and twista came with it.  I already cut TT out of it and have a twista and tech version

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #28 of 29
No, its low quality, in all honesty I probably wont even listen to it again due to the bitrate.  When I can get my hands on a 320 or flac of the original song Ill do something up though

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #29 of 29
Yeah I figured that and was JK, but yeah maybe it'll end up on an album that I get on CD someday and I'll rip it in FLAC and then we might have something to work with.

Quote:
No, its low quality, in all honesty I probably wont even listen to it again due to the bitrate.  When I can get my hands on a 320 or flac of the original song Ill do something up though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back