Music, Where did you get it?
Aug 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #16 of 49
Quote:

The problem with iTunes is that if there is an error in the ripping there may be a pop in your track that you don't know about. However with EAC it let you know if your errors are recoverable.

My iTunes library is on my MacBook so that'w why I haven't been using EAC because I do use it on my PC which has some of my music but I would like to do all my ripping from my mac if possible. Are there any alternative to EAC for mac? Preferably one that rips to ALAC? Thanks

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #17 of 49
Quote:
My iTunes library is on my MacBook so that'w why I haven't been using EAC because I do use it on my PC which has some of my music but I would like to do all my ripping from my mac if possible. Are there any alternative to EAC for mac? Preferably one that rips to ALAC? Thanks

No idea I have a Macbook Retina with no real virtual storage so I don't rip or store music on there :).

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #20 of 49
Quote:
If you check the "Use error correction when reading Audio CD's" box, doesn't it prevent that from happening?

Only if the errors are recoverable. If you look at a EAC log chances are one or more of your tracks (or the Range if you do a range rip) will be in the 90% but it passes the CRC check. This is why discs with small errors will still play well. However, when the disc is too scratched or otherwise damaged it can result in unrecoverable errors. The music file will still play, but it won't be 100% since the error(s) were not recoverable; to my knowledge there is no way of checking this in iTunes.

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #22 of 49
've never had a problem ripping thousands of CDs usng iTunes

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #23 of 49
Quote:
Yeah sure. AmoebaBlowout is good one. They combine shipping and have a lot of good titles http://stores.ebay.com/AmoebaBlowout Also http://stores.ebay.com/kagenterprises1 has the best deals but right now they are really selling mostly vinyl but I have gotten some amazing deals from them. Those are the only two that I can remember now and I buy most of my CDs from them. I also forgot to mention in my other post that I check out the local thrift stores when I get a chance. They usually sell CDs at $1.00 each and I have found some really good titles: Oasis, Tom Petty, Wallflowers, etc. But even more surprising is the vinyl that I have bought. I got two George Winston records in NM condition for a dollar each. That's crazy. I also picked up 3 Genesis records each for only 50 cents. Just don't let too many people in on the deals. Haha. Happy hunting.

+1 on local thrift stores

I dont usually sift through the CD's but ive gotten 30+ records from one close by. Some of them are a bit beat up but i managed to stumble across a newly donated box, got some great stuff; KISS, rolling stones, zz top, van halen, even managed to snag a near mint copy of Quiet Riot's Metal Health
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #24 of 49
Quote:
've never had a problem ripping thousands of CDs usng iTunes

Well technically you could have had thousands of problems and because there is no explicit verification it could have occurred unbeknownst to you. However, ultimately I think it only matters if you are OCD like me and like it for archival purposes.

Aug 21, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #25 of 49
Quote:
...got some great stuff; KISS, rolling stones, zz top, van halen, even managed to snag a near mint copy of Quiet Riot's Metal Health
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome finds! I usually have to look through hundreds of records and I only end up finding one or two that are good. I don't know if it is because other people are grabbing the good ones before me or if all the vinyl is just really old stuff. The most annoying thing is when you are flipping through and you see a great album only to find that it's only the sleeve...  

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #26 of 49
Well technically you could have had thousands of problems and because there is no explicit verification it could have occurred unbeknownst to you.

I play my music 24/7. I would hear skips.

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #27 of 49
Quote:

Awesome finds! I usually have to look through hundreds of records and I only end up finding one or two that are good. I don't know if it is because other people are grabbing the good ones before me or if all the vinyl is just really old stuff. The most annoying thing is when you are flipping through and you see a great album only to find that it's only the sleeve...  

Yeah i know what you mean, went to a couple of different thrift stores as well and i searched through literally about 200+ records, only to find one that i liked, but it was missing its sleeve and it was scratched. I guess looking is half the fun though haha

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #28 of 49
Learn to like more music!

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #30 of 49
Country music on LP contains real treasures. It's only modern country that sucks.

Johnny Cash, the Louvin Brothers, Buck Owens, Bob Wills, Ernest Tubb, The Osborne Broters, George Jones, Marty Robbins, Hank Thompson, Hank Williams, Ray Price...

You really don't know what you're missing.

[VIDEO][http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfGPIyxi7A/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7xDifnwPEyc[/VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back