Music to Get Work Done To
Apr 30, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #2 of 15
I am always listening to music, no matter what.

When studying I mostly listen to classical, including Mozart, Ravel, Mahler, Rachmaninov, John Williams, Chopin, etc.

Rock is way too distracting for my mind. I need something slightly more soothing. It helps to take my mind off of the 500 other things I could be thinking about, and enables me to concentrate.

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am always listening to music, no matter what.

When studying I mostly listen to classical, including Mozart, Ravel, Mahler, Rachmaninov, John Williams, Chopin, etc.

Rock is way too distracting for my mind. I need something slightly more soothing. It helps to take my mind off of the 500 other things I could be thinking about, and enables me to concentrate.

Wow, I'm the exact opposite! Classical music keeps me distracted when working, because I'll actually stop working altogether and focus entirely on the music. On the other hand, when I listen to Rock music, it allows me to keep my focus primarily on my work but still get some enjoyment while doing it.

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrispy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Electro music that doesn't have vocals.

fast or slow paced... examples?

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #6 of 15
Prefuse 73 always does it for me. Also The Flashbulb's album "Reunion" is really jazzy and makes me more focused on work.

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #7 of 15
Explosions in the sky
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #8 of 15
"wet from birth" by the faint and the bravery's self-titled album got me through sophomore year

my history teacher put on the last half of free bird while we were copying notes from the board so we'd write faster

and some of the kids went
"hey, its that guitar hero song"

...at least they recognize the song, i guess

Apr 30, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #10 of 15
Chillout works for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Slow beats and no vocals.

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #11 of 15
I mostly listen to various types of rock and metal, including when I'm studying or working.

When I really need to focus, I usually put on something instrumental. I really enjoy listening to the Blue Man Group when I'm really trying to concentrate. Isis and Pelican are also good for studying.

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #12 of 15
I'm listening to Pink Floyd at work right now.
smily_headphones1.gif
PULSE is great for me to work to.

Apr 30, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm listening to Pink Floyd at work right now.
smily_headphones1.gif
PULSE is great for me to work to.

I meant actually doing work.

Apr 30, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #15 of 15
Doesn't it matter the type of work?
I mean if you're an assassin.

Work is the perfect place to craft a Pandora, Slacker, Last.FM station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back