Music that makes you cry?
Aug 14, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #46 of 241
Quote:
RAP makes me cry. What has happened to music???

It evolved. While some "Money, Cash, B!7c#**" songs do exist, what makes that so different from the "Sex, Drugs, Rock'n'Roll" songs of hair metal bands. A lot of rap is shallow and stupid. So is a lot of non-rap music. As long as there has been a lowest common denominator, music has been made, in all genres, to exploit them. Are you honestly going to tell me that this

is better than this?:

Now, for some rap music with the emotional intensity to make me actually cry.

Aug 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #47 of 241
There's only one song that makes me cry.  It's a beautiful song, but it's not the music that makes me emotional.  I only listen to it on the very worst of days, with some top shelf scotch.  So my strongest memories of pain, heartbreak, and anger are deeply tied to it now.  I can't listen to it anymore, except on those days.  I'll be going to the store soon to get myself some Glen Fiddich, or McClellands, So I thought it might be appropriate to share this song.

Rest in piece Nikki, you were an amazing, and beautiful person.

Aug 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #48 of 241
Earl Bostic's version of Poéme by Ernest Chausson

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #50 of 241
No Surprises - Radiohead
Wish you were here - Pink Floyd
Takk - Sigur Ros (the entire album get's me teary eyed, I don't know why)

and....you're going to hate me for this but....

Creep - Radiohead

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #51 of 241
Saddest video game theme song of ALL TIME.  This really brings back emotions each time I listen to this.

Another one that is rather sad:

I was a huge Final Fantasy fan back in the day, but whenever I hear these songs again, I get pretty emotional.  If anyone's actually played through these games, you'll know what I mean.

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #53 of 241
Quote:
Saddest video game theme song of ALL TIME.  This really brings back emotions each time I listen to this.

I was a huge Final Fantasy fan back in the day, but whenever I hear these songs again, I get pretty emotional.  If anyone's actually played through these games, you'll know what I mean.

Interesting, I've never thought of Zanarkand as a sad piece. All I hear is beauty. I guess in the context of the story it is meant to be sad, but all I can think of when I hear this song is the first time I heard it and immediately knew I was going to love this game. This reminds me: I recently watched a let's play of FFX on YouTube and cried during the scene where Yuna sends the spirits of the people who died in Kilika. Wasn't just the music but it played its part nonetheless.

I'm a huge fan of FF7-FF10 (well perhaps not 9 that much, but it has its moments). Final Fantasy VII was something one could call a life-altering experience for me. Not sure what happened to the series after FFX; none of the more recent games appeal to me.

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #55 of 241
After playing the first two Max Payne shooters, hearing this in the third one and seeing the torment in Max's life... it got to me

I'd also have to say The Mayor by Rasputina. It's about living with someone with mental illness, and the way they end up running a whole families life. If you've ever lived with it, you'd understand.

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #56 of 241
This all depends on my mood.

Imagine-John Lennon.

From Radiohead:

Creep (don't hurt me...lol)
How to Disappear Completely 
Weird Wishes/Arpeggi
A Wolf at the Door
Thinking about You
Motion Picture Soundtrack

Classical Stuff
Claire De Lune
End of Mahler 2
elsas procession to the cathedral
Rhapsody in Blue

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #57 of 241
[size=11.0pt]Hmm....interesting topic, here are some Touchy-Feely songs that can drive me to the verge of tears (depending on my mood) [size=11.0pt]
C:%5CUsers%5CLJFOO%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif
[/size][/size]

[size=11.0pt]Damien Rice – The Blower’s daughter[/size]
[size=11.0pt]Bob Carlisle - Butterfly Kisses[/size]
[size=11.0pt]Sting – Fragile[/size]
[size=11.0pt]Radiohead – Creep[/size]
[size=11.0pt]Jason Mraz – A Beautiful Mess[/size]
[size=11.0pt]Katie Herzig - Closest I get[/size]
[size=11.0pt]Ray LaMontagne – Let It be Me[/size]
[size=11pt]Sarah McLachlan - Angel[/size]
[size=11.0pt]Last but not least, Bon Iver’s cover of “I can't make you love me”[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back