Music tagger/organizer
Apr 20, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevomenevo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys. can anyone recommend a program that can automatically sort my music so i dont have to rename, add artwork, and album names? Cost is irrelevant
thanks!

It depends ... maybe MediaMonkey... (link in my signature).

jiitee

Apr 20, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevomenevo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys. can anyone recommend a program that can automatically sort my music so i dont have to rename, add artwork, and album names? Cost is irrelevant
thanks!

DBpoweramp - Reference package + AMG. Or, if C2 pointers, additional rip security, and some on-the-side DSP features aren't of any interest to you, go w/ the Powerpack package.

Just know, if you do go w/ the Reference right now, you'll have to RE-pay to update from the R12 - R13 - R14 version etc. when they comes out, w/ the Power pack you get to fully update each time for free of charge.

Apr 21, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #5 of 7
I used to use a combination of foobar's freedb component and Mp3Tag, although I still had to search my own artwork. You can use iTunes to get artwork for most albums however, and then copy into folders/tags.

I don't think there's one perfect program that will do everything just the way you want it, and tagging is really a PITA. That's why I use physical media now
redface.gif
!

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 7
I second MediaMonkey, it has many great tolls, including autotagging from web or the file names, file info from freeDb via web etc. I used it two ways, first I use it to help sort out my tags then I get it to rename my folder/files from the tags and now I have a perfectly sorted file-tree of music. Occasionally I even do it the other way around
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back