Music streaming service

Best sound etc

• Total voters
Aug 10, 2019 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kelt0912

100+ Head-Fier
I am new to this site and was wondering what HIFI streaming services people use? I looked at both Tidal and Qobuz. Qobuz seams to have more HIFI stuff. I work as a 3D artist and have on my headphones for 8hrs a day durring the week doing work.

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 6
I would go with Tidal, simply because their catalog is more extensive. I don't know, maybe Qobuz is better for classical or something, but overall their selection is rather limited. Deezer also offers lossless streaming, but I don't have much experience with it.

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 6
I use Qobuz but used to be a Tidal subscriber. It doesn't really matter in terms of audio quality and I wouldn't worry too much about bit rates higher than 16/44. I switched because with Qobuz I could download music for offline listening with their desktop app. Also I never liked Tidal shoving the MQA format down my throat and they seem to be more oriented towards hip/hop / contemporary pop music. Just pick the one with the more extensive catalog for the music you listen to.

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #4 of 6
I did not know this. I am a Tidal subscriber and there is no option to download to your PC for offline listening. It is available for android and iOS, but not desktop. Are you saying Qobuz allows you to download (without buying) albums for offline listening on your desktop for as long as you are a Qobuz subscriber? The same way Tidal lets you download on android?

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #6 of 6
I have both at the moment but probably will get rid of Qobuz as their catalog is not as big as Tidal and the sound is pretty close to each other. I have no need for offline listening on my desktop as it always online but do use it on my phone and iPad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back