music store headphones.
Jul 28, 2008 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nff

100+ Head-Fier
it seems that their is a set standard for cans that are bought for use in music stores... they all look the same. but depending on use and abuse all sound realy good.... aparently they are somethign like DBI pro 700-somethings... i have never heard of DBI before. though i have seen said headphones in music stores everywere...

this enquirey started when i went to zellers or something ... duno but anyways i was like "hey lets see whats in the changer.. and i put the black closed cans on and tryd out some mainstream rock thingy.... couldent be bothered whith the bands name. but yea.. i simply went "wow bass is nice"

but yea anybody else know anythign about these cans?

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 10
no idea thats why im asking XP anyways they seem to be "corp only" cans cant even find a price for em

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 10
The Borders in my area use Koss headphones. They sound pretty bad and are very uncomfortable (I think to discourage people hogging the headphones). I know MB Quart also makes headphones for stores. I don't know where you'd buy them though.

Jul 28, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 10
There was a thread about the QP805 that included a video of a guy stomping all over the headphone and they weren't damaged at all.

The MB Quart phones I have a very comfortable. Most people don't go wow over the bass, although I've not heard the QP805 so it may be different. I have seen some on eBay in the past.

Edit: Here's the MB Quart page for the QP805 http://www.mbquart.com/en/produkte/p...nr=qp_805_demo

Jul 30, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #7 of 10
i'd like to demo these along with my curent cans *same setup* A700 and see which are better. cuz yea the dbi's are nice and would be perfect for say beating someone down with if someone tryed to jack you... lol i wouldent dare try that with my a700s.

Jul 30, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was a thread about the QP805 that included a video of a guy stomping all over the headphone and they weren't damaged at all.

The MB Quart phones I have a very comfortable. Most people don't go wow over the bass, although I've not heard the QP805 so it may be different. I have seen some on eBay in the past.

Yeah, that was actually head-fi user SunDevil, iirc. He now works for Beyerdynamic.

The tricky part is that there are a few versions of the QP805. iirc the 250-ohm version is the good one.

Jul 30, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #9 of 10
Yeah, most in my area are Koss, like scompton says. It's funny, because they are always beat to hell, have the pads totally destroyed, blown drivers, broken headbands, sound like total crap. I can't understand how they get THAT bad...I never see anyone subjecting them to out and out abuse, but I've never heard a good set. Makes me wonder how much money they lose on people demoing music and thinking the crappy sound is due to a crappy album. It's appalling how LOUD people listen to music too...I always make it a point to turn down the volume before and after I put them on, but sometimes I forget, and almost blow my eardrums in when some jackass was rocking out at max volume...

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #10 of 10
yes and i agree and they put out like 120db. now just imagine if the room for some reason goes quiet wile your listening to a album with say a scream at that part.... clearly audiable across the room...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back