Music sounds way different on my iphone 3gs then my PC
Aug 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ilikedonkeys39

100+ Head-Fier
I have v-moda m80's and when listening to music off youtube in 720p from my pc it sounds how i would expect it.
Then when i watch the video on my iphone 3gs using an app called finaltube where it saves the video localy for you to watch whenever (i saved it in hd) the treble is not as present and the bass is frickin crazy. So much boomy bass it sounds cool but it sounds like im listening to beats. So why the heck is going on which source is playing the music the right way? Im really confused.

PS my motherboard is a msi a78m-e35 

EDIT: I have checked for equalizers on iphone and they are all off. Also when comparing sound i have volume set about the same.

I found the problem. I had the headphones plugged in to the front case jack like i have been doing for 6+ months but when i plug them into the back jack directly to the motherboard it sounds like my iphone much deeper bass. Weird...

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 2
  I have V-Moda m80's and when listening to music off youtube in 720p from my pc it sounds how i would expect it.
Then when i watch the video on my iPhone 3gs using an app called finaltube where it saves the video locally for you to watch whenever (i saved it in hd) the treble is not as present and the bass is frickin crazy. So much boomy bass it sounds cool but it sounds like I'm listening to beats. So why the heck is going on which source is playing the music the right way? I'm really confused.
PS my motherboard is a MSI A78M-E35 
EDIT: I have checked for equalizers on iPhone and they are all off. Also when comparing sound i have volume set about the same.
I found the problem. I had the headphones plugged in to the front case jack like i have been doing for 6+ months but when i plug them into the back jack directly to the motherboard it sounds like my iPhone much deeper bass. Weird...

It looks like the Realtek audio drivers for your motherboard were just updated 16 days ago on the MSI website.

You might get some audio quality improve with your PC, if you got something like the FiiO E10K USB DAC/amp ($75).
The E10K's DAC and amplifier should be better then your motherboard's on-board audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back